+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The 'You couldn't make it up' Department.

The 'You couldn't make it up' Department.

The BBC, bless it, is to launch a new scheme to help young people spot and identify 'fake news'. BBC journalists will offer mentoring to 1000 schools to help students identify what's true and what's false.

I am so impressed with this BBC initiative, as the country's biggest dissembler of fake news, misinformation, PC drivel and lefty propaganda, this is a very clever move, very clever indeed. Credit where it's due, if I wore a hat I would tip it to them, but I don't, so I'll just recommend that whoever dreamt up this scam gets a hefty pay rise, on top of the hefty sum us licence fee payers are already paying him.

I have to say it again, so impressive, a masterstroke, bordering on genius.

Is this an early April fool or is it true

I'd agree Sinkov, at least there is one clever bugger at the BBC.

There are so many to choose from out of the "couldn't make it up' Department".

And after today's David Davis' stuttering and lying speech there seems to be at least one a week.

I still say Tony Blair being made a Peace Envoy is still leading though.

this is a classic - It twists his words....pumps them as News Fact - then when pulled on the Lie by by Skinner - try's to spin the deception into a joke.

That's the BBC - forgers of falshoods - a fackin Joke....I don't believe a word they say.

....to Hell with them.

Don't worry lads, you will soon be able to get the true story from Fox News.

I still trust the BBC for my news more than any other news outlet. But those bleeding commentators...they are giving us their spin on what may happen next - and that is opinion and not news - interesting as it may be.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    Don't worry lads, you will soon be able to get the true story from Fox News.

I still trust the BBC for my news more than any other news outlet. But those bleeding commentators...they are giving us their spin on what may happen next - and that is opinion and not news - interesting as it may be.
    I think in there lies the rub 1959-60. The present BBC news team reminds me of the old Radio One DJ Cartel, they actually thought they were bigger than the music they were playing.

If you want to read proper journalism, may I suggest you subscribe to "The Times"?

I like the subtle way the BBC only tells you what they want you to know, islamic terrorists are described as jihadis, they reported on the terrible murder of little Elsie Scully-Hicks by her adoptive father, but omitted to mention her adoptive parents were a gay couple, but my all time favourite was their coverage of the report into the Rotherham child abuse scandal. The report was so damning that the Labour council had to resign en masse. The BBC lead with this story on the 6pm news, they talked about the Rotherham council, they talked about Rotherham councillors, they talked about the council, they talked about councillors, they called them the local authority, the coverage was extensive, it must have run for 7/8 minutes, but nowhere, not once in it's entirety did the word Labour appear in that bulletin.

Can you imagine that if it had been a Tory or Ukip council that they would have omitted to mention that ? No I can't either. But no point complaining, they covered the story didn't they, but it's what they don't tell you, their bias by omission that's their hallmark, and they're very good at it.
    Last edited by sinkov; 07-12-2017 at 10:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    If you want to read proper journalism, may I suggest you subscribe to "The Times"?
    Did you read Danny Finkelstein's piece yesterday BT, on 59-60's favourite hobby horse, can we backtrack on Article 50 ? Fascinating, sort of informative, but in the end inconclusive. He didn't say we couldn't, but he didn't see how we could either. I'd put a link up to it, but no point, it's behind a paywall.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    my all time favourite was their coverage of the report into the Rotherham child abuse scandal. The report was so damning that the Labour council had to resign en masse. The BBC lead with this story on the 6pm news, they talked about the Rotherham council, they talked about Rotherham councillors, they talked about the council, they talked about councillors, they called them the local authority, the coverage was extensive, it must have run for 7/8 minutes, but nowhere, not once in it's entirety did the word Labour appear in that bulletin.
    probably because it wasn't relevant to the story which party ran the council. haven't read the report but wasn't it found that there were failings across the board - council, social workers and police?

Man cements microwave oven to his head. Now you really could not make that up.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...ngham-42271150

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)