+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Colin Slater:

As Poet said, it seems strange that the only mention of Colin's fall and operation (unless I've missed it) seems to be on the Former Players site.

The last thing us old codgers need is a nasty fall!

Hope he's soon up and about and back at the Lane.

Quote Originally Posted by 60YearsAPie View Post
    As Poet said, it seems strange that the only mention of Colin's fall and operation (unless I've missed it) seems to be on the Former Players site.

The last thing us old codgers need is a nasty fall!

Hope he's soon up and about and back at the Lane.
    Sorry to hear this. Colin has commentated on the PA system at charity cricket tournaments I've been involved with over the past few years and given up his day absolutely free of charge. A real gentleman, get well soon mate.

Best wishes to a club legend. Get well soon!

Quote Originally Posted by seriouspie View Post
    Sorry to hear this. Colin has commentated on the PA system at charity cricket tournaments I've been involved with over the past few years and given up his day absolutely free of charge. A real gentleman, get well soon mate.
    Continued ...... Decided to phone Uncle Col as I've heard nothing from anybody. His answerphone came on and I wished him all the best and to phone back if he was able. Has anybody heard anything? If he does get back to me I'll advise.

Quote Originally Posted by seriouspie View Post
    Continued ...... Decided to phone Uncle Col as I've heard nothing from anybody. His answerphone came on and I wished him all the best and to phone back if he was able. Has anybody heard anything? If he does get back to me I'll advise.

Well done that man! Hope you get some (good) news for us.

He appeared in a club video last week to mark the first anniversary of Nolan and Hardy.

Looked well, if a bit frail.

Yes...what a great County stalwart....come on Colin...keep in there. Get well soon.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    He appeared in a club video last week to mark the first anniversary of Nolan and Hardy.

Looked well, if a bit frail.
    I'd completely missed those videos on Hardy's and Nolan's first year. Thanks for pointing them out in your post. Well worth a watch to hear the respect they're already earning from the likes of Sir Les, Vivien Pavis, the staff, media and, of course, Uncle Colin.

Seems Unkie Col has now made a full recovery.

https://www.facebook.com/BBCNottingh...xCXbtg&fref=nf

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Seems Unkie Col has now made a full recovery.

https://www.facebook.com/BBCNottingh...xCXbtg&fref=nf
    Good interview. For a Radio commentator he comes over well in person. Still frail but there's a twinkle there and maybe getting out and about a bit more will do him well, though easy to forget he's 83.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast