+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: O/T Donald Trump puts Jerusalem back where it belongs

Quote Originally Posted by roger_ramjet View Post
    PLEASE IGNORE PREVIOUS POST _- THIS ONE IS THE EDITTED VERSION WHICH THE SYSTEM CRASHED ON

Baalocks, nowhere have I suggested that the state of israel was created because of the holocaust? That is merely your inference. Please do not put words into other people's mouths and then accuse them of spouting rubbish when they said no such thing!

I am aware of the history of the conflict and in this context I refer refer my honourable colleague to the McMahon - Hussein correspondence which predated Balfour by a few months and also the Sykes-Picot agreement concerning British and French occupation of the territories.

These two accords, plus Balfour, have been instrumental in at least 70 years of conflict which is still continuing and remains probably irreconcilable. Promises made during wartime to extract support against "Johnny Turk" are both contradictory and have long lasting ramifications.

My reference to "credits used up" refers not to the establishment of the state of Israel but rather to their behaviour subsequently which has been far from exemplary. The current comparative lull in hostility is however not helped by a one eyed president stirring things up in a foreign arena for his own domestic benefit (see my post 10 above).
    Fair point on the Holocaust comment, good use of Wikipedia on the rest, congrats! FWIW I agree with pretty much the rest of what you say - my asssumption, if you will allow me the luxury of interpreting your post, is that we are in what they refer to as violent agreemment. Very sad that Trump is following the path of many of his predecessors and once more fomenting a situation for little more than internal goodwill.

@MadAmster - not offended at all, but thank you so much for your concern. It really means a lot to me.

Quote Originally Posted by BaaLocks View Post
    Fair point on the Holocaust comment, good use of Wikipedia on the rest, congrats!
    Why are you such a patronising git? You may need to rely on Wikipedia to get your information, but some of us have (and still do) studied history as well as having a keen interest in geopolitical issues. Once again you judge by your own standards. How sad

Quote Originally Posted by roger_ramjet View Post
    Why are you such a patronising git? You may need to rely on Wikipedia to get your information, but some of us have (and still do) studied history as well as having a keen interest in geopolitical issues. Once again you judge by your own standards. How sad
    This a forum, nothing more than a meaningless place for exchange of views - I've not said anything that should have offended you, indeed I have even recognised your point as fair and valid so if that sits within your definition of patronising then so be it. I simply don't believe that you rattled that off without looking it up, don't lose any sleep over it if you did, I'm as irrelevant to you as you are to me - both just pseudonyms wasting a few moments on a Friday - which I why I couldn't give a tinker's cuss at you calling 'me' a patronising git.

BTW - which standards other than my own would you like me to judge something by? Yours? How sad.
    Last edited by BaaLocks; 08-12-2017 at 11:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BaaLocks View Post
    @MadAmster - not offended at all, but thank you so much for your concern. It really means a lot to me.
    You're more than welcome. Glad you're not one of those who get offended way too easily.

In a Tesco's last weekend just outside of Bedford I saw a sign on a door indicating that someone had upset the door...... it was, said the sign, alarmed.

C’mon Baalocks, stop doing an impression of the Trump man looking for a fight. I certainly thought Roger made his initial point perfectly clearly in the first place and the final paragraph of post #28, although unnecessary, removed any doubt. Nothing more to see here.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Nothing more to see here.
    Exactly, just as I said myself in my last post. Thank you for clarifying.

Have a great weekend everyone...

Baalocks 2 Roger 1.

Match ended.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)