+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: O/T Donald Trump puts Jerusalem back where it belongs

Some new phrases for us old gits here. "Balls de Acer": sadly no transletion on google and "On like Donky (sic) Kong" which makes little sense.

Come back R4J suddenly you're making sense

Quote Originally Posted by roger_ramjet View Post
    Some new phrases for us old gits here. "Balls de Acer": sadly no transletion on google and "On like Donky (sic) Kong" which makes little sense.

Come back R4J suddenly you're making sense
    Stop being an arse. Comments like these will justify Ratflea into making some sort of ruling that allows him back.

So just because Jerusalem is the de facto capital means Trump must officially recognise it? Then why not recognise Taiwan? After all they have a President, the have courts in Taipei, a Parliament and all the things that capitals have. Why not upgrade the Trade Office in Taipei into full embassy?
    And also Congress have passed certain Acts offering protection and sales of arms to Taiwan. Come on Trump, do the right thing and recognise Taiwan and Taipei.

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis View Post
    Stop being an arse. Comments like these will justify Ratflea into making some sort of ruling that allows him back.
    Rog is many things Romanis but not an arse!

Sorry I forgot he hasn't got 1. He's a 'bagman'
    Haha.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Well put Mr. R...agree entirely.
    What is the current exchange rate for European persecution credits? Can you buy them with *******? Either way, I would guess you get quite a lot for six million deaths.

More importantly, do try to get your facts right before spouting garbage like this.

The establishment of the state of Israel has actually got little to do with the Holocaust. The Balfour Declaration, recently mentioned on the news quite a lot as it was 100 year ago but why let things like actually watching the news influence opinion eh, was put in place following support from Jewish forces against the Ottoman empire in WW1. It was a deal, a trade, made at the time in return for armed support. The British made the deal, and once the deal was made we were compelled to honour it. So please don't try to suggest it was some sort of 'sorry for all the gassings' present offered once the scale of the Holocaust was 'discovered' (in exclamations because we all know it was understood far before the end of the war).

Back to the original point, Trump's recognition of Jerusalem has little to do with Israeli politics and will do little to affect the situation within the region. He will, however, hope it will garner him support amongst Jewish groups in North America. So all the talk of big balls Donald showing them who is boss is rather wide of the mark, Donald feathering his own nest in his own back yard is much nearer the truth.

I refer my honourable colleague to the McMahon - Hussein correspondence which predated Balfour by a few months.

Also the Sykes Picot agreement concerning British and French occupation of the territories.

Promises made during wartime to extract support are both contradictory and have long lasting ramifications.

These two plus Balfour have been instrumental in at least 70 years of conflict which is still continuing and remains probably irreconcilable.

The current comparative lull in hostility is however not helped by a one eyed president stirring things up in a foreign arena for his own domestic benefit.

In any event, my reference to "credits used up" refers not to the establishment of the state of Israel but rather to their behaviour subsequently. Additionally see my post 10 above which notes, exactly as you do, that this is Trump doing some early electioneering pandering to interest groups given his various losses of domestic and international credibility.
    Last edited by roger_ramjet; 08-12-2017 at 10:27 AM.

PLEASE IGNORE PREVIOUS POST _- THIS ONE IS THE EDITTED VERSION WHICH THE SYSTEM CRASHED ON

Baalocks, nowhere have I suggested that the state of israel was created because of the holocaust? That is merely your inference. Please do not put words into other people's mouths and then accuse them of spouting rubbish when they said no such thing!

I am aware of the history of the conflict and in this context I refer refer my honourable colleague to the McMahon - Hussein correspondence which predated Balfour by a few months and also the Sykes-Picot agreement concerning British and French occupation of the territories.

These two accords, plus Balfour, have been instrumental in at least 70 years of conflict which is still continuing and remains probably irreconcilable. Promises made during wartime to extract support against "Johnny Turk" are both contradictory and have long lasting ramifications.

My reference to "credits used up" refers not to the establishment of the state of Israel but rather to their behaviour subsequently which has been far from exemplary. The current comparative lull in hostility is however not helped by a one eyed president stirring things up in a foreign arena for his own domestic benefit (see my post 10 above).

Careful Rog, Locks might get offended by these comments. I mean, who do you think you are telling him that he may not understand from your writings, things you neither wrote nor suggested. It is his right to misunderstand perfectly well written posts. How very dare you?

Indeed, Sir. I dont mind being berated for something I say, but being told I said something I did not, and then being berated: well that's a little different. Still, if you think one "fact" is all the "facts" that there are, you are never going to quite get it!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)