+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BREAKIN NEWS New BOSS AT

BREAKIN NEWS New BOSS AT

HULL,It's officially POS NIGE. UTCB

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    Wow - I'm amazed.........will be fascinating to see if we were a blip, or he's still got it as a manager. I hope he's learnt from his mistakes as he's fundamentally a decent guy so I wish him well.

Hammond's ears just twitched.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayamonteblade View Post
    Wow - I'm amazed.........will be fascinating to see if we were a blip, or he's still got it as a manager. I hope he's learnt from his mistakes as he's fundamentally a decent guy so I wish him well.
    I can't see it, I get the impression that he is one of these people who are ok at keeping a club going in the same direction but no idea how to changes things when they start to go wrong, a good appointment if your team is top of the league and your manager has been poached and you want someone to get you over the finishing line, but a disaster if you are in a position like Hull heading downwards

Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield_Blade View Post
    I can't see it, I get the impression that he is one of these people who are ok at keeping a club going in the same direction but no idea how to changes things when they start to go wrong, a good appointment if your team is top of the league and your manager has been poached and you want someone to get you over the finishing line, but a disaster if you are in a position like Hull heading downwards
    He must talk the talk - as I am amazed he has managed to get himself into the position - not sure if he can walk the walk tho - we'll see

Quote Originally Posted by Ayamonteblade View Post
    He must talk the talk - as I am amazed he has managed to get himself into the position - not sure if he can walk the walk tho - we'll see
    Looking at all the appointments this season in both the Premier League and Championship, we seem to be living in a very weird world, where the leading attribute required to get a managers job, is the number of times you have been sacked before and this is called experience, but this means that no one else can now be seriously considered because if you are a young manager and get the sack the first time you won't be considered for another managers job because he will be up against people like Tony Pulis who has been sacked 6 times and therefore he is 6 times a better manager than you.

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    A decent enough bloke, with a decent enough track record. Definately wrong guy, wrong time, wrong place at BDTBL.

Its a massive job to turn Hull around though and he'll do very well just to keep them up.

league 1 here we come bye bye dull !!

His downward spiral started before coming to us thought. He was unlucky to lose his job at Southampton and Saints fans were not happy when he was sacked. Then it all started to go wrong at Reading

Sometimes people just lose their way a bit, sometimes temporarily and sometimes permanently.

We'll have to see how he copes this time, but surely it's last chance saloon

Serves them right for Ken Knighton

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast