+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Talks with Milne

Quote Originally Posted by DollyLongstaffe View Post
    Well, it depends what you mean. Did he literally use the expression "**** off"? Obviously not.

Was he the one who rebuffed their offer, metaphorically telling them to **** off? Absolutely. That's a simple statement of fact, and if you doubt it you are simply wrong.
    See today's comments.
    Essentially, Walking away is the Rangers way and he was not prepared to walk away

Quote Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
    it doesn't say anything of the events, just the emotional level of our chairman.
    Sounds to me like you're suggesting SM's a mental case.

Enough , it's now time for some light entertainment from wee billy bluenose
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=i7zw92lSNus

Time to calm down. All the bile being directed at Milne re his handling of the matter has proven unjustified. Those calling out Aberdeen on requiring the full facts need to get a life. It's not the Chillcot Inquiry we are talking about here.

We just need to accept that the manager was not ruling himself out of considering the Hun managers job. Any sane person would understand his reasons for this. He was clearly angry about the length of time it has taken for them to make an official approach. This has undoubtedly unsettled him and the team in the interim.

An approach was made on Tuesday and having considered his position he has elected to stay. End of.

He does really need to get his finger out now and get the team sorted out now and has my full backing on this.

Also , he has surely burned his bridges with the Huns ad perpetuam

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Did you like his comments today?
    Fire me an Evening to Vienna and ill get back to you

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Fire me an Evening to Vienna and ill get back to you
    Come on Pacman, get with the times.
    No need to get the EE when everything is online.
    Your on here often enough so go read up a bit

Quote Originally Posted by kigoretrout View Post
    Time to calm down. All the bile being directed at Milne re his handling of the matter has proven unjustified. Those calling out Aberdeen on requiring the full facts need to get a life. It's not the Chillcot Inquiry we are talking about here.

We just need to accept that the manager was not ruling himself out of considering the Hun managers job. Any sane person would understand his reasons for this. He was clearly angry about the length of time it has taken for them to make an official approach. This has undoubtedly unsettled him and the team in the interim.

An approach was made on Tuesday and having considered his position he has elected to stay. End of.

He does really need to get his finger out now and get the team sorted out now and has my full backing on this.

Also , he has surely burned his bridges with the Huns ad perpetuam
    Yes. Like a lot of Aberdeen fans I loathe and despise Rangers and everything they stand for. If the world was the way I wanted it to be, no Aberdeen manager would take more than a microsecond to dismiss a job offer from them.

That's not the world we live in though. McInnes was brought up in the Central Belt as a Rangers fan. We knew that when we appointed him. Despite the horrendous situation at Mordor, the gig is still seen by most in Scottish football as way more attractive than the Aberdeen job.

Which of our recent managers would have turned it down? Calderwood? Broon? They really WOULD have crawled over broken glass. (McGhee is a special case, obviously, but I suspect he wouldn't have hesitated for long before he grabbed a job that was more commensurate with his ego either).

OK, Fergie famously turned it down but that was in a different world. He was on more money here than the guy he succeeded at ManYoo.

Deek, I would guess, was seriously torn. He looks like a guy who's gone through a world of stress. In my ideal world, this wouldn't have happened because no decent human being would want the Hun gig. But as I said, that's not the real one. How hard and how often do some people want to kick a guy for taking longer than we would ideally like to turn down a job offer his immediate predecessors would have snatched at without a second's thought?

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Come on Pacman, get with the times.
    No need to get the EE when everything is online.
    Your on here often enough so go read up a bit
    EE is sh@te on line,slow to update.

But i want to know why the club knocked back advances from sevco and yet supposedly McInnes talked to them. Something doesnt add up

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    EE is sh@te on line,slow to update.

But i want to know why the club knocked back advances from sevco and yet supposedly McInnes talked to them. Something doesnt add up
    Where have you read that permission was granted and / or McInnes talked to SevCo?

I never read anywhere that McInnes spoke to der Hun. I don't believe he did.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast