+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Talks with Milne

Talks with Milne

As Duncan Shearer has pointed out it has taken 6 weeks to make a move and to us 6 seconds to say no.
    The talks would have highlighted the investment that the Dons have and that we are in a healthy position and that new investment can be obtained in the club Dave Cormack has injected money into the club and received backing from other outside contacts A new ground is on the horizon with training facilities that will be attractive for new players
    Where as Ibrox is a mess with no guarantee
    That is the choice you have its a huge gamble you could end up at Dundee Utd within 2 years
    Stay with us finish the job you started

Let’s try and keep our dignity here

Aye get dm away, we need to get back on track and the longer he is here our position in the league will get worse.

Quote Originally Posted by TartanIvor View Post
    As Duncan Shearer has pointed out it has taken 6 weeks to make a move and to us 6 seconds to say no.
    The talks would have highlighted the investment that the Dons have and that we are in a healthy position and that new investment can be obtained in the club Dave Cormack has injected money into the club and received backing from other outside contacts A new ground is on the horizon with training facilities that will be attractive for new players
    Where as Ibrox is a mess with no guarantee
    That is the choice you have its a huge gamble you could end up at Dundee Utd within 2 years
    Stay with us finish the job you started
    Well said.

I'm sure that SevCo would be interesting for McInnes.
    Bigger budgets, larger salary, better training facilities, larger attendance.
    On the flip side there is huge unrealistic expectations, huge debts, unstable board, court cases hanging over them etc.

I'm sure any discussions would be around the available funds for the January window and whether they had identified any targets as yet.
    Backroom staff could also be a sticking point.

Its not inconceivable that McInnes could talk to them and decide its not worth the risk.

If he wants to talk to them and then decided he doesn't want it then he can **** right off. Damage is done.

We will soon have a huge debt as well.

We need to stop second guessing the situation at sevco. Thread after thread of financial experts have all been wrong so far. Too many folk in denial.

Milne allowed Sevco and McInnes allowed them to get the better of us.

On his way out SM reminded DM there is a Rat at Ibrox

If, IF McInnes does reject the Sevco shilling he is going to have to get some slick and immediate PR on the go.
    That would start with the performance to end all performances tomorrow night.

Personally, I reckon his position must be close to untenable, but we'll see.

So if you go out for a meal with your wife and she’s flashing her knickers at a guy on the other table, that’s alright as long as she eventually decides against it?

McInnes has had plenty opportunity to kill this stone dead and has refused to do so every time. I didn’t think there was a need to answer initially but it has gone on too long now. He needs to address it directly in public.

Time to move on for us and if he gets blown off the Friarton Bridge on his way down the road today all the better.

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    If, IF McInnes does reject the Sevco shilling he is going to have to get some slick and immediate PR on the go.
    That would start with the performance to end all performances tomorrow night.

Personally, I reckon his position must be close to untenable, but we'll see.
    Agree, I think he's pretty much burnt his bridges with the majority of the AFC fan base already, never mind if he actually goes and has 'official' talks with them. Also looks like it's going to rumble on beyond the weekend and the uncertainty will more than likely affect the team again tomorrow. The attitude and performance of the players tomorrow night might be quite revealing. Although I think today's press conference will tell us all we need to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Joey_Harper View Post
    So if you go out for a meal with your wife and she’s flashing her knickers at a guy on the other table, that’s alright as long as she eventually decides against it?

McInnes has had plenty opportunity to kill this stone dead and has refused to do so every time. I didn’t think there was a need to answer initially but it has gone on too long now. He needs to address it directly in public.

Time to move on for us and if he gets blown off the Friarton Bridge on his way down the road today all the better.
    I like the analogy, but the truth is it wasn't the wife flashing her knickers, it was the guy at the other table trying to come on to her. She maybe swooned a little, but didn't do anything... that is okay. Its the **** on the other table that's in the wrong.

That said, he has had an opportunity for two days now to come out and say something and hasn't... that suggests to me he is very interested. Either that or the club are trying to play Sevco at some sort of game, but I would go with my first instinct.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast