+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Stayin

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    I’m chucking slagging McInnes for new year.

I lost
    Always be true to your principles Mason.

After a few hours reflection and with very little other news leaking out, it just begins to look strange.

Why didn't McInnes say a few weeks ago - "I can't see me leaving Aberdeen to manage any other Scottish team." Story is dead.

Did Rangers meet the mythical buy-out clause? If so, did he speak to them?

If he spoke to them then obviously he didn't like what he heard.

If he didn't speak to them then what made his mind up? Nothing had changed in the last six weeks. Has it?

I like McInnes but maybe I've been reading too many of Mason's posts and beginning to think he was making half decent points. The fact that he is staying doesn't get rid of Dominic Ball, the ineffective Tansey and Stewart, Nikki Maynard, Josh Parker, the Irish full back from Liverpool, Calvin Zola, Alan Tait, Celtic, Motherwell and Rangers matches this season.

My glass is not half empty but neither is it half full.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    I’m chucking slagging McInnes for new year.

I lost
    You're most likely p*ssing in the wind anyway. It's becoming increasingly clear that this is true love for our chairman.

Quote Originally Posted by cougared View Post
    After a few hours reflection and with very little other news leaking out, it just begins to look strange.

Why didn't McInnes say a few weeks ago - "I can't see me leaving Aberdeen to manage any other Scottish team." Story is dead.

Did Rangers meet the mythical buy-out clause? If so, did he speak to them?

If he spoke to them then obviously he didn't like what he heard.

If he didn't speak to them then what made his mind up? Nothing had changed in the last six weeks. Has it?

I like McInnes but maybe I've been reading too many of Mason's posts and beginning to think he was making half decent points. The fact that he is staying doesn't get rid of Dominic Ball, the ineffective Tansey and Stewart, Nikki Maynard, Josh Parker, the Irish full back from Liverpool, Calvin Zola, Alan Tait, Celtic, Motherwell and Rangers matches this season.

My glass is not half empty but neither is it half full.
    I honestly think people are overcomplicating this.

I don't think anyone really expected Sevco to take so long to make a move. My guess is that McInnes has been as much in the dark about their intentions as the rest of us. If he was 'tapped up' as some people were implying, I seriously doubt we'd be in the current situation where an official approach had been made and rejected by both club and manager,

The reason for this farce is twofold (1) Sevco dragging their heels in making an approach and (2) the media whipping up speculation.

Maybe the club and McInnes could have handled the situation better but I'm not so sure. It's a bit presumptuous to come out and flat out refuse an offer that hasn't been made. They did make statements to try to ease the media speculation but it didn't work.

As for McInnes efforts as manager this season, I think he has as strong a group of players at his disposal as any time during his tenure but he seems to be trying to shoehorn them into a system that doesn't work. Stewart in particular is a player who I think has a lot to offer but isn't being utilised correctly.

concomitant
    adjective
    existing or occurring with something else

like bull and ****
    or weasle and words
    or lying b******

or
    in a positive way
    STAND and FREE

Do hope so

Quote Originally Posted by erchieplum View Post
    concomitant
    adjective
    existing or occurring with something else
    Somebody got to Wikipedia PDQ

Jim Traynor
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    James Traynor (born 27 September 1953) is a Scottish former sports journalist and the former Director of Communications at Rangers F.C.

In December 2017, Traynor temporarily lost his mind and used the word "concomitant", completely neglecting the fact that around 90% of the Rangers fan base thought that was the list of 10 things God told Moses about.

Fake news, obviously, 'temporarily lost his mind', there was nothing to lose.

I admit I doubted DM's creditability at one stage . I have to eat humble pie.
    I am pleased he is staying in a few weeks it will all be history
    Still believe he was tempted and it was 50 /50
    Our chairman has actjually grown some balls and for once actually stood up for the club and I am positive he turned it around

But its also very very pleasing to see " One of their own " apparently, turn them down.
    Glasgow press and indeed the BBC ( Chris McLaughlin ) wanted it more than anything else in life . They are left totally shot down and embarrassed

Loved the official Newco statement seems DM was not an outstanding candidate !!!!

Bigger issue for Newco they have been rebuffed and this shows they are not a big club. There is no attraction what so ever for any decent manager to take the role on.

Their head of recruitment is doing a great job

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarok View Post
    You're most likely p*ssing in the wind anyway. It's becoming increasingly clear that this is true love for our chairman.
    It's becoming increasingly clear that our chairman is backing the man who has stabilised a rudderless ship and has consistently had Aberdeen Football Club doing well year on year since he's taken over as manager.

Great bit of business by the chairman and the board.

Caught the last 10 minutes of Sportsound tonight and it was hilarious listening to greetin faced Kris Boyd and Michael Stewart. MS must love coming up against that fvckwit.

KB: Ah thought it was a certainty it was gawny happen, so did 99.9% of Scotland. The only 1% must have been Mikey.
    MS: It's no 1% Boydy, if you're saying 99.9%, it's only 0.1% ......(cue puzzled silence from Boyd followed by laughter of other studio members.)

Stewart was brilliant, fighting the good fight for the rest of Scottish football, pointing out how myopic people are in Scotland about Scottish football and reminding the panel that actually not everyone believed the move was a foregone conclusion.

Boyd was clearly rattled, shouting down anyone suggesting he was wrong, then trying to make it look like AFC hadn't played fair to the hun or DM and pleading ignorance when asked if he truly believed DM wouldn't have known what was on offer from Sevco.

How does someone playing for another team in the same league get to comment on a serious issue between two other clubs, when it has absolutely nothing to do with him, especially when he's clearly biased towards the hun?

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast