+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Stayin

My take would be as follows:

SMSM have been fed a line by Rangers/Traynor that they wanted Deek, and so have relentlessly pursued a story based on pure speculation

The line was always intended to unsettle both Derek and the team before the 2 games between us and it worked

In order not to look completely stupid they then had to make an approach, so low-balled an offer to SM asking for permission to speak to Derek

This was rejected outright, and they were probably told what the number was - although to my mind there is no doubt they already knew the number

Derek probably also knew what deal was on offer from them, without ever having spoken to Sevco himself directly, and I've heard that one of the conditions was that Doc was not part of the package

Post Tuesday, Derek and SM had a discussion over it, and SM sent him away to think about what was best for him, his family, etc, and put Sheerin and Robson in charge on an interim basis

Derek has then come to the conclusion, whether on his own or through conversations with others, that the move is not for him and has gone back to SM on this basis.

Hence the statement released by the Dons yesterday. What the Sevco statement last night will have done is reinforced Derek's opinion that he has made the right decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    I think if Murty gets the gig for the season this isnt over.

I will back the team to the hilt but im still never going to happy about this whole saga. The fact Sheerin was announced as the boss for tonight definitely reeks of all was not right. Anyway COYFR
    He maybe was thinking of going or at least the club were preparing for that option, a contingency plan was put in place (Sheerin) and then he decided he was staying. I think folk are reading far too much into it. To be honest, we will never fully know what happened or how close he was to actually going. The fact is he is here, so we move onward and hopefully upwards.

Classic rangers making a right **** of this. Not one of the four Ibrox season ticket holders I work with wanted him as manager but rather than a sigh of relief, they are now raging with that statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Exactly, the day before a game the manager is dropped for his youth team coach then everythings hunky dory the same day. Awa n sh@te anyone who thinks thats not suspect
    Where was he dropped?

He was in discussions with Milne/board/family. While this was going on his team stepped up and took training and were in charge of preparation for the Dundee game. That's not really to difficult to understand. However don't let the fact get in the way of your paranoia!

Any anti-McInnes fans can go and **** right off now. Just **** right off with your clever ****.

Fars Mason 89 ...?

Quote Originally Posted by OleOle View Post
    Any anti-McInnes fans can go and **** right off now. Just **** right off with your clever ****.
    Get the streamers and balloons out...Let’s all have a big happy party because our messiah is staying. We are very fortunate to have his presence at our club...shame on anyone who doubts Del! Give the messiah a job for life!! 😂

The internet was invited by intelligent people to search for intelligent life it has sadly failed I see.^^^

Ach what the hell .... so much ****e on here in the last few days, a wee bit mair will mak nae difference.

Accordin tae 'KingKennyMiller' ( on The Bears Den ) .... who claims his source is as close tae DM it might as well be DM himsel ....

McInnes was on his way to Ibrox yesterday then the deal fell apart after he was handed a list of the players he was told he would be signing.

He said he wouldn't sign them for Aberdeen so he certainly wouldn't be signing them for Rangers. Talks went downhill rapidly from that point on and the deal fell apart.

Milne agreed to make a statement to get the Aberdeen fans that had slated McInnes back on side.

McInnes is devastated at the events that unfolded as he desperately wanted to be Rangers manager. You can take that one to the bank.
    .... and ...

The contract was only formally presented yesterday afternoon. McInnes wanted full control of player recruitment - something he had been promised verbally weeks ago.

The board moved the goalposts to appease our DOF and McInnes wanted no part of it.
    It gets better/worse .... few on the hun forum believe any o' it .... Jist interested if KKK would hae had mair luck postin it on here

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/topi...ement/?page=19

Quote Originally Posted by NaeMairNeeps View Post
    Ach what the hell .... so much ****e on here in the last few days, a wee bit mair will mak nae difference.

Accordin tae 'KingKennyMiller' ( on The Bears Den ) .... who claims his source is as close tae DM it might as well be DM himsel ....

.... and ...

It gets better/worse .... few on the hun forum believe any o' it .... Jist interested if KKK would hae had mair luck postin it on here

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/topi...ement/?page=19
    FFS are we living amongst these people ...I like my football(and love outside it) but where's the enjoyment in that bitterness so sad indeed

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast