+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Stayin

Quote Originally Posted by deedon View Post
    Gordon Smith on SSN claiming McInnes would probably have had to resign before he could talk to the Huns.
    He spoke to Sevco, don't think that's in dispute

I think if Murty gets the gig for the season this isnt over.

I will back the team to the hilt but im still never going to happy about this whole saga. The fact Sheerin was announced as the boss for tonight definitely reeks of all was not right. Anyway COYFR

Well I'm quite shocked he's staying. Indifferent as I had resigned myself to us losing him and coming round to the idea of a change might not be a bad thing. I said on the replacement for DM thread he was going and I had it from two very very good sources, one in Aberdeen and one in Glasgow. I still have absolutely no doubt whatsoever a deal was struck and agreed by agents and other third parties. I will now get fully behind McInnes again now though.
    COYR

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    Well, we’re NEVER going to have that revealed to us, and as Sheerin said at the press conference yesterday, it’s nobody else’s business.

You’re laying the ground here for your determination to keep complaining about the manager, given that it would be unprofessional, mirroring the Ibrox approach, for either he, Docherty, Milne or anyone else to comment further.

Hun arrogance, media pressure, utter in-the-bubble ****ery has all been called out, exposed, and given a serous ****ing shoeing up the pish-stinking back alley that they and the SPFL inhabit.
    Well said. Some people are still refusing to eat their humble pie and admit they were wrong. Why are some so determined to find something sinister in all of this when it will only serve to undermine the positives for the club; all for the sake of keeping their own egos in tact is what it looks like.

I'm sure I'm not alone when I say, I don't believe for one minute that everything here smells of roses or that DM wont be tempted by the next big offer that comes his way, but FFS lets accept the final outcome, be grateful for getting one HUGE one over the hun, and move on. We need positivity right now.

I think I was too far gone for this positivity. Sheerin was assuming he was taking the team and said it would be sorted yesterday one way or another. That’s not McInnes sitting deciding if he should have talks 😂

Sorry but my love affair with McInnes has gone.

Walking away is the Rangers way.

DM does not do walking away

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42281231

Derek McInnes has said he "wasn't prepared to walk away" from Aberdeen to join Premiership rivals Rangers.

The 46-year-old is remaining at Pittodrie after "weighing up" an approach from the Ibrox club.

"I had something to consider... but I feel that I wasn't prepared to walk away just yet," he told Red TV.

"I'm really happy here as everybody knows and I wasn't prepared to tarnish relationships I've built over the last wee while."

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Walking away is the Rangers way.

DM does not do walking away

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42281231
    What stopped him then. I was fully expecting the words "unfinished business".

Quote Originally Posted by curvasud View Post
    I think I was too far gone for this positivity. Sheerin was assuming he was taking the team and said it would be sorted yesterday one way or another. That’s not McInnes sitting deciding if he should have talks ��

Sorry but my love affair with McInnes has gone.
    Exactly, the day before a game the manager is dropped for his youth team coach then everythings hunky dory the same day. Awa n sh@te anyone who thinks thats not suspect

Now I know I am, down here in Englandshire, outside the Aberdeen, or even Scottish football bubble, so I feel I have a little distance from the situation, but the bottom line for me, is that Aberdeen [U]must[U] be in a better position now that Derek is staying, then if he had headed to Castle Greyskull! My take on it is that his employer (wiggy) refused permission for another employer to approach him about a new job, and that he, as is his right, then asked said Wiggy, as to why permission had been refused. At the same time, he discussed the potential new job with his family (and maybe others) and the joint view, and Derek's, was that he should remain in his current job, probably for many valid reasons.
    I feel the bile that is being/has been directed in Derek's direction is as a result of confusion between his performance as manager over the last 2 weeks on the pitch - the terrible displays against Sevco - and the obvious hatred for all things Sevco (and the Scottish football press) and the way in which they have tried to go about getting Derek to be their manager. Yes, we can be annoyed at the failings as a manager over the last couple of weeks, but to tarnish his whole time at Aberdeen as a result of these past few weeks seems monstrously unfair.
    Yes, he is not the best manager in the world, and he's not Fergie, but times have changed, and he has been the best manager we have had in recent times, and he wants to stay and progress the club and the team, albeit that it won't be easy, in the current Scottish football climate.
    To sum up,I for one am glad he's staying and look forward to seeing him in Aberdeen for the foreseeable future.
    Good luck, Deek!

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    What stopped him then. I was fully expecting the words "unfinished business".
    Its fairly obvious if you've been keeping up to speed with the events.
    The way SevCo handled this situation has been shambolic and even when they finally do make an approach, they do so half arsed.
    He's realised SevCo are incompetent and even without formally speaking to them, he realised they are not in a good stable place.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast