+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- HMS Queen Lizzie

Quote Originally Posted by seriouspie View Post
    Rubbish ....... I agree more cash (when we can afford it) must be pumped in. As you recently stated, I have little grasp of politics but strangely more often than not, my predictions better those of yourself, agreed?
    Not agreed. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the only predictions I remember us making is that Theresa May wouldn't last 6 months (you win) and the Brexit divorce bill would be less than £30 billion (I win). I make that a score draw.

Quote Originally Posted by seriouspie View Post
    Now to something you do know more than me. I was at Alan's funeral last Monday and naturally his trainers and jockeys were there. Apparently there is a horse called Pottsy running tomorrow. I was only on the fringe of the conversation but was told this horse was named after Alan and is well worth a bet. I don't know where it is running and I may have misheard this information, but it may be of interest to you to find out. So there we go ........ we Tories do believe in sharing information that may help our less fortunate friends! The horses will continue to run but it's possible no more 'big buys' will happen in the immediate future.
    Pottsy doesn't exist, you probably mean Pottsie. No entry for tomorrow anyway. Not the best day for the horses who still seem to be running under the 'Ann & Alan Potts Limited' banner. They had a promising winner in the opener at Sandown, but the two big guns were both beaten favourites. My advice is to aim Fox Norton at the King George on Boxing day, he will get the 3 miles easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Whooooooooshhh!

That bit was specially for my mate navypie.
    Means a lot to me that you see as a friend ep. Cheers matey.
    Last edited by navypie; 09-12-2017 at 08:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Means a lot to me that you see as a friend ep. Cheers matey.
    Of course I see you as a friend. Just be aware I don't do bunk beds.

Of course I see you as a friend. Just be aware I don't do bunk beds.
    Nor do I these days me old mucker and if you want to call a ship a boat that's fine by me. Maybe Boatylizziemacface ? Flogging it aren't I !

Nor do I these days me old mucker and if you want to call a ship a boat that's fine by me. Maybe Boatylizziemacface ? Flogging it aren't I !
    I like the sound of LizzyMcBoatface. Much better than LizzyMcShipface.

I like the sound of LizzyMcBoatface. Much better than LizzyMcShipface.
    So do I then shipmate , er , I mean boatmate, now I am flogging it !!

Not agreed. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the only predictions I remember us making is that Theresa May wouldn't last 6 months (you win) and the Brexit divorce bill would be less than £30 billion (I win). I make that a score draw.

Pottsy doesn't exist, you probably mean Pottsie. No entry for tomorrow anyway. Not the best day for the horses who still seem to be running under the 'Ann & Alan Potts Limited' banner. They had a promising winner in the opener at Sandown, but the two big guns were both beaten favourites. My advice is to aim Fox Norton at the King George on Boxing day, he will get the 3 miles easily.
    Thank you, as said I wasn't talking .......just earwigging and a lttle pissed on the champagne! Yes Pottsie will be right but we used to call him Pottsy so assumed that was correct. Mind you Al never could spell but brilliant at innovative machinery design. A sad loss to your sport but his companies will continue to keep hundreds in work worldwide.

Fair do's on the 'draw' comment, that is correct. I could say I genuinely thought the settlement would be doubled to 40 billion and never imagined it would be 60 billion but thought it honourable to weigh the odds on you getting your cash back. However the bet was made and you won on the terms agreed and I'm happy.

So do I then shipmate , er , I mean boatmate, now I am flogging it !!
    I understood you Jolly Jacks 'Flog the monkey' regularly Navy!

Now being renamed the Queen Eleakabeth, apparently!

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Now being renamed the Queen Eleakabeth, apparently!
    Some ships I served on had more leaks than a greengrocers.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast