+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O/T Rough Guide

O/T Rough Guide

Just confirms what most of us know already ...but it's a canny accolade all the same.

https://www.roughguides.com/best-pla...uide-to-2018/#

Been to quite a few of them and more but still think that the north east coast beaches could compete with the best of them if not for the bloody weather. Nice little post though.

Lovely.

I do like Valletta as well, went there in a heatwave.

I'm surprised Iceland (well the capital but i can't remember how you spell it) isn't in there actually.
    Last edited by Jammy89; 07-12-2017 at 08:26 PM.

Lived in Aussie for a few years, biggest let down beach wise for me was Bondi, I've seen much better in the UK, on the odd day when the sun was out like ! Live on the Great Lakes now though but beaches are mostly crap around fresh water.

Quote Originally Posted by Cannylad View Post
    Lived in Aussie for a few years, biggest let down beach wise for me was Bondi, I've seen much better in the UK, on the odd day when the sun was out like ! Live on the Great Lakes now though but beaches are mostly crap around fresh water.
    Copacabana has turned into a right sh*t hole from being one of the worldīs iconic beaches. Ipanema, which is the next bay, is OK though - so long as you donīt get stabbed before you can get to the water.

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    Copacabana has turned into a right sh*t hole from being one of the worldīs iconic beaches. Ipanema, which is the next bay, is OK though - so long as you donīt get stabbed before you can get to the water.
    Seems that both have been commercialized and are full of street-sellers throwing peanuts and hats on people. I quite liked both, though you're that the iconism has faded.

Just as Coventry beats Sunderland to the UK City of culture 2021!

Quote Originally Posted by kingstonbob View Post
    Just as Coventry beats Sunderland to the UK City of culture 2021!
    Not surprised that Sunderland lost but quite surprised that Coventry won.

I thought that Stoke with their pottery history or Swansea would of won it.

Haven't they got a 'thing' with Coventry something to do with Coventry kicking off late or something to relegate them? Gerrin Cov!

Just a little more to add to your post Zippity.

https://www.express.co.uk/travel/art...newcastle-city

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)