+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dons Supporters Trust

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    The headline wasn't written or said, as far as I can glean, by SB.
    In truth I did hear the radio interview the story was taken from yesterday on good morning scotland. He did say McInnes position was untenable.

He also commented on the orchestrated media campaign but I notice that wasn't mentioned in that BBC report.

Fair enough.....I never heard the interview just saw the written version.
    To be fair, I said similar.....and I still think Del has some 'splaining to do.
    There's a variety of scenarios could have gone on, but the punchline is he spoke to them and said no. The PR ball is now in his court, a good performance tonight would be a start
    What went on in the ten days or so prior to the meeting maybe bears some scrutiny but, speaking personally, I'm happy for now to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by LED View Post
    In truth I did hear the radio interview the story was taken from yesterday on good morning scotland. He did say McInnes position was untenable.
    Glad im not the only one who heard it and not my age getting the better off me

Quote Originally Posted by TartanIvor View Post
    Scott Barclay chairman of DST has made statements to the BBC that Derek McInnis position was untenable on Thursday and now comes out and says we should forgive and forget
    As a Dons supporter for over 50 yrs I believe that these statements are not justified and spoken on his own view and not as a representative of DST
    I was at the Motherwell, Celtic and the Rangers games yes I was hurt at the results off these games but my faith in the board and manager has never been in doubt, and as you have publicly made statements which are unjust to the board and management team off Aberdeen Football Club you should resign your post

Ivor Birnie
    I'll give the boy Barclay the benefit of the doubt since I was feeling much the same as him by lunch time yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    Fair enough.....I never heard the interview just saw the written version.
    To be fair, I said similar.....and I still think Del has some 'splaining to do.
    There's a variety of scenarios could have gone on, but the punchline is he spoke to them and said no. The PR ball is now in his court, a good performance tonight would be a start
    What went on in the ten days or so prior to the meeting maybe bears some scrutiny but, speaking personally, I'm happy for now to move on.
    Agree with all that... bar the last sentence.
    I’ll wait & see.
    He has some explaining to do & to win me over.
    My main feeling last night wasn’t relief that he stayed, more the GIRFUY to SEVCO.
    That says a lot.
    I’ll hang fire & see if his head is in this 100%

Quote Originally Posted by curvasud View Post
    Yawn. He was spot on. I won't be forgiving McInnes any time soon for chucking a season due to his interest in the huns.
    'chucking a season'.....we have just entered December. Gie yersel a shake min.

Quote Originally Posted by Landvetter83 View Post
    I'll give the boy Barclay the benefit of the doubt since I was feeling much the same as him by lunch time yesterday.
    I agree that a lot off fellow Dandies were thinking that DM was a goner but as chairman of DST what was said to the BBC was not what all Dons fans thought as if you read my post 1161 on "Who should replace DM" thread you will understand that I had the belief that the club would not let DM go.
    As a fellow Dons supporter I would not expect a committee member to make a statement against any employee off AFC to any media outlet and especially the BBC

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12