+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dons Supporters Trust

Dons Supporters Trust

Scott Barclay chairman of DST has made statements to the BBC that Derek McInnis position was untenable on Thursday and now comes out and says we should forgive and forget
    As a Dons supporter for over 50 yrs I believe that these statements are not justified and spoken on his own view and not as a representative of DST
    I was at the Motherwell, Celtic and the Rangers games yes I was hurt at the results off these games but my faith in the board and manager has never been in doubt, and as you have publicly made statements which are unjust to the board and management team off Aberdeen Football Club you should resign your post

Ivor Birnie

Quote Originally Posted by TartanIvor View Post
    Scott Barclay chairman of DST has made statements to the BBC that Derek McInnis position was untenable on Thursday and now comes out and says we should forgive and forget
    As a Dons supporter for over 50 yrs I believe that these statements are not justified and spoken on his own view and not as a representative of DST
    I was at the Motherwell, Celtic and the Rangers games yes I was hurt at the results off these games but my faith in the board and manager has never been in doubt, and as you have publicly made statements which are unjust to the board and management team off Aberdeen Football Club you should resign your post

Ivor Birnie
    Judging by social media (including here and DT), he very clearly hit the mood of supporters spot on.

I don’t think anyone takes them seriously, especially the club

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    I don’t think anyone takes them seriously, especially the club
    We all have views on what goes on at AFC and we express them on social media where we agree or disagree but statements to the BBC are not justified

Quote Originally Posted by TartanIvor View Post
    We all have views on what goes on at AFC and we express them on social media where we agree or disagree but statements to the BBC are not justified
    He was without doubt sharing a majority view. He's sec of the DST, the BBC asked him on their show, his comments are entirely justified.

If you don't like it get on the DST.

Yawn. He was spot on. I won't be forgiving McInnes any time soon for chucking a season due to his interest in the huns.

Read the story and point out anywhere when he said his position was "untenable". I was hacked off with the whole saga. I didn't want him anywhere near the club if he was even considering the Hun job. Now he's told them to f*ck off, I'll back him all the way.

Derek McInnes' position as manager of Aberdeen is becoming "untenable", according to a fans' representative.

The 46-year-old was the subject of an approach from Rangers on Tuesday, with the Dons denying permission for talks.

McInnes has since met chairman Stewart Milne to discuss his future.

Dons' Supporters Together chairman Scott Barclay told BBC Scotland: "I fully expect that he [McInnes] won't be taking his press conference today or in charge of the team on Friday night."

Aberdeen are scheduled to hold a media conference at 13:00 GMT to preview their Premiership visit to Dens Park.

McInnes and assistant Tony Docherty were absent from training on Wednesday and again the following morning.

"Derek's a very clever man and he's managed the media as best as he could but there is one man in this whole situation that could have killed [the speculation] and that is Derek McInnes," added Barclay.

"His failure to come out and nail this down pretty much makes it clear he's waiting for things to be tidied up.

"Fans are tearing each other apart over the whole thing and it's not our making, or the club's.

"He's been backed to the hilt and given money to spend; considerably more than anyone in a long time.

"He was rewarded with a new contract after the Sunderland situation but here we go again."

McInnes spoke to Sunderland in the summer after a compensation fee was agreed but decided against a move to the English Championship.

He and Docherty then signed contract extensions until 2020.

Derek McInnes' record at Aberdeen
    "Derek has given us success, respectability and a sense of pride. If he feels it's the right move for him, then good luck to him," added Barclay.

"It does feel like there has been a [media] campaign orchestrated by the Rangers side and that's not done us any favours.

"A lot of it is supposition and it's been tiresome given the length of time it's carried on."

[QUOTE=deedon;38724709]Read the story and point out anywhere when he said his position was "untenable". I was hacked off with the whole saga. I didn't want him anywhere near the club if he was even considering the Hun job. Now he's told them to f*ck off, I'll back him all the way.

Derek McInnes' position as manager of Aberdeen is becoming "untenable", according to a fans' representative.

Very 1st line
    Last edited by TartanIvor; 08-12-2017 at 10:38 AM. Reason: put in reply

The headline wasn't written or said, as far as I can glean, by SB.

[QUOTE=TartanIvor;38724718]
    Quote Originally Posted by deedon View Post
    Read the story and point out anywhere when he said his position was "untenable". I was hacked off with the whole saga. I didn't want him anywhere near the club if he was even considering the Hun job. Now he's told them to f*ck off, I'll back him all the way.

Very 1st line
    Oh FFS. Where did HE say that in the story?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast