+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: You tell 'em, Nigel

OT: You tell 'em, Nigel

Nigel Farage, the former Ukip leader, said the breakthrough meant it was now time to “move on to the next stage of humiliation”.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Nigel Farage, the former Ukip leader, said the breakthrough meant it was now time to “move on to the next stage of humiliation”.
    I think your just trying to get your political posts count up sidders.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    I think your just trying to get your political posts count up sidders.
    I think he's suggesting the old bag hasn't negotiated a very good deal, and, of course, he's right.

.... before you smug remoaners become even more obnoxious, remember that nothing is agreed until everything is agreed. This means that if the trade negotiations look sticky for the UK we can and should walk away. That would be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    I think he's suggesting the old bag hasn't negotiated a very good deal, and, of course, he's right.
    It was meant as a , oh never mind !

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackHorse View Post
    .... before you smug remoaners become even more obnoxious, remember that nothing is agreed until everything is agreed. This means that if the trade negotiations look sticky for the UK we can and should walk away. That would be fun.
    May I say, as I confirmed Exiteer, that you could be right. It ain't over until it's over. The trouble is I have a sneaky feeling that before it is over we (The UK) will mildly ask them (The EU) "Am I to bend over now my trousers are down?"

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    May I say, as I confirmed Exiteer, that you could be right. It ain't over until it's over. The trouble is I have a sneaky feeling that before it is over we (The UK) will mildly ask them (The EU) "Am I to bend over now my trousers are down?"
    Weak PM, weak and pathetic government, opposition haven't a clue what does anybody expect?

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    What you mean is that Brexit means Brexit even if that means the back door is left open?

Our forefathers have a lot to answer for - maybe they really believed there were Emeralds over there

I thought some of our resident Brexiteers would struggle with this one. IN case you think you're on a winning track, wait a month...

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    I thought some of our resident Brexiteers would struggle with this one. IN case you think you're on a winning track, wait a month...
    Too right I'm struggling with it. This is a press release Brexit and no more than that. We have given way on every single issue. The idea, like it or not, was to stop free movement of Labour to protect British jobs and wage levels, to save wasting money by contributing to the EU and its huge bureaucratic machine and to avoid being tied in to restrictive trade deals we have no control of, that might, for example, make renationalisation of key industries illegal. What have we got? Exactly the same thing as now, with exactly the same cost, except we have no say in any new rules and still have to bow and scrape to be allowed a trade deal as second class citizens.

To me, when they started issuing demands in Brussels, we should have told them to arsehole. People would say that's not realistic, but really it is. The EU export more to us than we do to them. This is a cowards' agreement, and not even that. Brussels, hey, even Dublin (and Belfast), now have May over a barrel and are now dictating what happens next. There is no agreement.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast