+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: OT: You tell 'em, Nigel

Quote Originally Posted by dam617 View Post
    Can't argue with that. Strongbow Soubry said she put 'country before party'. It's a pity the 'leavers' of Gedling (where she doesn't even live) couldn't see this coming and did the same.
    Let alone not even living in Gedling, Anna Soubry isn’t even the local MP. Disgrace!

... Soubry is still miffed that her route onto the EU gravy train is probably lost.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobncfc View Post
    Let alone not even living in Gedling, Anna Soubry isn’t even the local MP. Disgrace!
    Ho ho ho. Instead of trying to be a smart mouth read post 48 (the one after post 47) where I corrected my mistake. I cannot work out how to edit a post, particularly when there's adverts blocking the screen.
    I whole heartedly apologise.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Is she Gedling? I thought she represented Broxtowe?
    See above. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobncfc View Post
    It really wasn’t made clear at all that we would have to leave the single market and customs union. There are even prominent leave figures (Daniel Hannan in particular) who actually said that a vote to leave wouldn’t threaten our place in the single market at all.

The referendum was a vote to leave the EU, fair enough. That’s all, though. It’s then the job of parliament to decide what the most beneficial way of doing that is.
    It wasn't very clear? What a load of rubbish - mind you it's been said by those ever-so-clever Remainers that they are the intelligent ones.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackHorse View Post
    ... Soubry is still miffed that her route onto the EU gravy train is probably lost.
    Yes because Brexit is such a brilliant idea that the only way anyone could be against it is because they have a cunning plan to get on the EU gravy train, whatever that means.
    (Becoming an MEP so they can do roughly the same job for roughly the same salary?)

It wasn't very clear? What a load of rubbish - mind you it's been said by those ever-so-clever Remainers that they are the intelligent ones.
    I agree with Jacob. I can remember lots of Leave figures on TV saying that our negotiating position was so strong that we'd basically be able to leave and keep the bits we want. Plenty on here said it too, if you care to dig up the old threads.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    I agree with Jacob. I can remember lots of Leave figures on TV saying that our negotiating position was so strong that we'd basically be able to leave and keep the bits we want. Plenty on here said it too, if you care to dig up the old threads.
    Our negotiating position has been undermined by Remoaners from hour one - no one could have imagined just how far the Remainers will go to overturn the result!

Remoaners
    Yawn

... driller ... you do remember the failed Libour party leader N Kinnock and his wife Glenys. They had 9yrs + 15yrs respectively of gravy train money and we will be funding their EU pensions. Learning from his father, no need to get a proper job Stephen, become an MP. Like father like son ... EU pig trough beckons...

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast