+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Live 7.45pm kick offs on Saturday nights

Live 7.45pm kick offs on Saturday nights

To be honest, there's generally nothing but crap on tv on a Saturday night so watching a decent game of football would be an improvement. Its no worse than a midweek night game...

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    To be honest, there's generally nothing but crap on tv on a Saturday night so watching a decent game of football would be an improvement. Its no worse than a midweek night game...
    Depends who's in charge of the remote.

This annoys me intensely.

Many fans blame Sky for all this messing about with the traditional Saturday 3 kick off but I BLAME THE GREED OF FOOTBALL. This deal can only be about more money and surely to goodness there is enough money in football already. It's about time football put fans first and said no to anymore TV money.

Too true, 9Goals.
    I'd imagine that those who run Football in this Country get an Annual Bonus based on the Premier League's Financial Growth.
    Despite all of our gripes they take not a blind bit of notice of Turnstile viewers, and they won't be content until the top Spanish players have all appeared on this Island. They certainly have no guilt about the way that the Agents of our vastly-overpaid selfish players earn more in a Year (doing f*** all) than most "Turnstile viewers" do in a lifetime.
    Those running the Game in this country actually believe they've got it right. I hate to say this, but fans have got to organise National Stay-away strikes....just to get a reaction.

I've just read the article and don't like the sound of it.
    The thing that grabbed me was
    "Broadcasters will bid for rights to show 200 live matches, more than 50% of the league's 380 games and an increase on the current deal's 168. "

Which means that probably the top 6 clubs will hardly ever play a game at 3pm and even ourselves will have more fixtures moved.
    I fear less season tickets will be sold due to the awkward times unless the club actually drop the prices.

I guess there must be a market for live games but they need to be very wary of overkill. I'm surprised the gates are holding up as well as they are but doubt they will continue to do so with more and more games being moved to awkward times.
    It's not going to help lower league football much either. Whilst a handful on here have drifted away from Albion in favour of lesser clubs the majority of the lost ones aren't attending games at all.

Apart from the dire football served up by Putin's team.......I have to confess I stopped going after a few games of Putin's reign......I have been severely fed up with Sky and co moving games from the traditional 3.00pm on Saturday to whenever suits their timescales. Monday's, Friday's, Sunday's pushed me over the edge. Travelling some four hours to get to the shrine and back (and that's if there's no issues with the weather or traffic......one game I had to spend overnight in a hotel due to snow fouling up my journey home!) is no fun, especially when you have work the following day. Essentially Sunday football messes up the week-end and SWMBO was taking a dim view of me disappearing when she'd got other plans!
    So from being a season ticket holder from the end of the 60's to two years ago (just to let you know I have been very loyal and have, in my youth, attended my beloved baggies home AND away) I am a very fed up fan at the minute. Yes I'm an old f*rt now but one of the ones that will NOT be returning due to the greed of football. I still have a love for the Baggies (the family conduction goes back to my father and beyond) and follow via the media......but whilst the grip of Sky and co dominate the game I, for one, will not be returning any time soon!

You're not alone, Pug, but a great surge in support when we turn the tide will surely get you (and the others) back.
    Albion fans historically have been either the best or the worst supporters in the League.
    What must worry Mr.Lai is if he got statistics for the level of S/T holders who don't turn up for a (home) game. Say we've got 18,000 (?) S/T holders, who have forked out and not turned up (say 1,000) - that will say 1,000 words!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)