+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: QPR - v Leeds United ***Matchday Thread***

It was the midfield that lost the first half not ekuban. Lad put in a shift with no support.

QUOTE=BenidormBlanco;38726255]you could argue that if ekuban stayed on we mightve lost, regarding midfield, the 2 of em just dont do it together. Vieira has great potential, and if i had to chose between the 2 itīd be Vieira every time, but he needs to be beside an experienced hardman so that we can utilise Vieriaīs workrate and mobility, as for Phillips, apart from the odd goal, i dunno what he brings to the party really.[/QUOTE]

he worked hard Jez, but the style of play is different, thats what i was aluding to. Id also say weve had strikers in the past who work hard, but if you dont know where the onion bag is, your not much use as a striker, could throw injury prone into the mix also if you like. Not for me.

Quote Originally Posted by BenidormBlanco View Post
    he worked hard Jez, but the style of play is different, thats what i was aluding to. Id also say weve had strikers in the past who work hard, but if you dont know where the onion bag is, your not much use as a striker, could throw injury prone into the mix also if you like. Not for me.
    I agree BB, Ekuban is still learning, Roofe scores goals when he's up front, he did it for Oxford and he does it for us. Why TC seems to refuse to see this is hard to understand. Neither Ekuban nor Grot are serious goalscorers, and neither are at this moment in time good enough even for a bench spot. I said before we signed him we didn't need Lasogga, but I think we should have him on the bench to come on if Roofe needs replacing, but for me Roofe should be our first choice 'top of the diamond' with Saiz, Hernandez, Alioski behind, with Dallas and Cibiki as back up.

exactly how i see it OWT with Lasogga to provide the "planB" when required, though whats up there is a mystery, anyone else got the feeling he wont play for us again, or is it just me?

Yep, I think the problem he's got is in his head, he just can't be arsed if it isn't easy. I think he just wants to be at home with his wife and kid.

Quote Originally Posted by BenidormBlanco View Post
    exactly how i see it OWT with Lasogga to provide the "planB" when required, though whats up there is a mystery, anyone else got the feeling he wont play for us again, or is it just me?
    Don't disagree with the tactical point, but i think you're wrong about Ekuban's ability to score. He also did it in his previous league, and Roofe didn't do much scoring last year in his first season in the championship (albeit not playing up front).

He will come good, but i do agree that Roofe up front is clearly the way to go at the moment - i don't think any of us would disagree with that given the records this season.

Lasogga is a weird one - perhaps they'll terminate his loan as i can't see him being happy in the subs, or not in the squad, and i can't see Radrizzani being happy to pay him those wages in that situation too.

Lasogga roofe ekuban cibicki grot Saiz and antonsson currently out on loan but in decent form recently, do we really need to get another striker? Alioski hernandez and Phillips also have goals in them, it only feels like we need another coz none of them will reach 20 goals this season, but I reckon half of them will get at least 10 each

Quote Originally Posted by CLIVETHELEEDSFAN View Post
    Lasogga roofe ekuban cibicki grot Saiz and antonsson currently out on loan but in decent form recently, do we really need to get another striker? Alioski hernandez and Phillips also have goals in them, it only feels like we need another coz none of them will reach 20 goals this season, but I reckon half of them will get at least 10 each
    I kind of agree Clive except that I'm not sure Lasogga, Grot and Ekuban are anything like reliable enough regular scorers who also fit well into what appears to be our best attacking approach. And is Antonsson's loan not permanent i.e. we can't recall him ? Which then just leaves Roofe, with support from Alioski, Saiz, Hernandez, (with hopefully Cibiki now starting to add some cover), and the odd goal from others such as Phillips, Janssen. And having said all that, when we have played with those four up front, scoring goals hasn't actually been a huge problem.

Lasogga can score OWT no doubt about that, its just that we are always Gash playing a formation that suits his game. Shame, but id send him back personally.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)