+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Centenary Shirt Offer

Quote Originally Posted by palmylad View Post
    Just a reminder that you’ve only got until the end of this month before the centenary shirt offer finishes >>>>

http://www.qosfc.com/news-3830
    Great idea and I know one Doonhamer - mad family who have booked nine names on the centenary shirt. Not holding my breath but hopefully even if it is just for the one season Queens ditch the current shirt badge for a new design obviously saying '' centenary '' and maybe featuring the original 1950s large shield.

Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    Great idea and I know one Doonhamer - mad family who have booked nine names on the centenary shirt. Not holding my breath but hopefully even if it is just for the one season Queens ditch the current shirt badge for a new design obviously saying '' centenary '' and maybe featuring the original 1950s large shield.

Not sure what club crest we should use but think it would be a great idea to have 2 gold stars above it to represent our league championships wins

I could not miss out and have got round to adding my name to the shirt which I look forward to seeing with all the fans names on it but would it not be great to add great Queens players from the past onto it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by aloreburn View Post
    Not sure what club crest we should use but think it would be a great idea to have 2 gold stars above it to represent our league championships wins
    Have we not won 3 league championships - all at Forfar ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    Have we not won 3 league championships - all at Forfar ?

Correct , don’t know what I was thinking there

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42803838

Check out Leeds United new club crest for their centenary season. It’s awful

Quote Originally Posted by aloreburn View Post
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42803838

Check out Leeds United new club crest for their centenary season. It’s awful
    Yes really strange logo for a centenary maybe a Leeds fan can throw some light on the man !
    Really really hope Queens come up with something better than the current badge.

Inverness Caledonian Thistle claim to have been originally founded in 1885. When were the first team in Queens amalgamation founded?

Would be interesting to know!

Quote Originally Posted by Truthhurts View Post
    Inverness Caledonian Thistle claim to have been originally founded in 1885. When were the first team in Queens amalgamation founded?

Would be interesting to know!
    In the Dumfries area several teams existed in the years leading up to the First World War. These included
    Dumfries FC (formed 1897)
    Arrol-Johnston FC (unsure when formed as the works team that produced motor cars that can still be seen at the Glasgow Transport Museum)
    5th King’s Own Scottish Borderers (formed 1908 – formerly Maxwelltown Volunteers - formed 1896). These clubs closed down in 1915 for the duration of the Great War.

In 1919 a public meeting was held in Dumfries Town Hall to consider how senior football could be revived. Rather than reinstate the old clubs, it was proposed that a new, professional club be formed the following season to draw together support from Dumfries and Maxwelltown areas. The proposal was accepted unanimously and “Queen of the South United FC” was born.
    Last edited by ALBERTZ_11; 24-01-2018 at 07:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ALBERTZ_11 View Post
    In the Dumfries area several teams existed in the years leading up to the First World War. These included Dumfries FC (formed 1897), a works side, Arrol-Johnston FC and 5th King’s Own Scottish Borderers (formed 1908 – formerly Maxwelltown Volunteers). These clubs closed down in 1915 for the duration of the Great War.

In 1919 a public meeting was held in Dumfries Town Hall to consider how senior football could be revived. Rather than reinstate the old clubs, it was proposed that a new, professional club be formed the following season to draw together support from Dumfries and Maxwelltown areas. The proposal was accepted unanimously and “Queen of the South United FC” was born.

Copy and pasted aye ?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)