+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: That ones down to Wilder.

If Wilder wants to get near the top 6 he needs to take a point from games like tonight Gray.
    If he dosent we will end up mid table.

Hari Kari Wilder.

I wispered to myself when i saw Basham going off to be replaced by an attack minded midfielder...........that will cost us the the point we already had...and it did.

Bristol.....well Xmas came early for them how they won that game,when we hit the woodwork four times and other chances went begging,i am still scratching my head.

Next game will be interesting,if Duffy gets injured in training.

F.ucked off and fedup.

Quote Originally Posted by seanbeanstattoo View Post
    If Wilder wants to get near the top 6 he needs to take a point from games like tonight Gray.
    If he dosent we will end up mid table.
    I understand that Sean and I fully understand where you and LST are coming from mate. But for me after having managers like Clough and Adkins who were so dire and defensive, I just can’t find it in me not to cut Wilder some slack because against all logic he brought on probably our worse two defensive players in the hope thry could knick a win. Like I said I wouldn’t have done it myself but I’ve got to admire Chris’s balls.

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    I understand that Sean and I fully understand where you and LST are coming from mate. But for me after having managers like Clough and Adkins who were so dire and defensive, I just can’t find it in me not to cut Wilder some slack because against all logic he brought on probably our worse two defensive players in the hope thry could knick a win. Like I said I wouldn’t have done it myself but I’ve got to admire Chris’s balls.
    Gray he blundered,he wants to win every game,thats great and i applaud that attitude,but you have to sometimes take what you already have and protect it.

Footballing Gods as usual
    Whenever United look half decent they have to step in

We wondered when they'd really wreak havoc having only been nibbling at us all season

We've gone from unplayable and unbeatable to looking like we'll never win again in the space of three weeks

Maybe wilders attitude to games is the reason we will have 20k season ticket holders watching us on Boxing Day for the 1st time since the prem I'm guessing,I'd have taken a point but then again how boring was it watching cloughy and madkins teams. Gutted about tonight was a real kick in the gonads at the death but I really do enjoy watching us now and I'm doing it sober as well which shows how entertaining we are to watch,yes disappointed with the result but proud to support my team playing football how I think it should be played

Quote Originally Posted by CHIPBUTTYBLADE View Post
    Gray he blundered,he wants to win every game,thats great and i applaud that attitude,but you have to sometimes take what you already have and protect it.
    You do if you’re a manager like Carloss. Enjoy the ride Chippy FFS.

Quote Originally Posted by bulmer1889 View Post
    Maybe wilders attitude to games is the reason we will have 20k season ticket holders watching us on Boxing Day for the 1st time since the prem I'm guessing,I'd have taken a point but then again how boring was it watching cloughy and madkins teams. Gutted about tonight was a real kick in the gonads at the death but I really do enjoy watching us now and I'm doing it sober as well which shows how entertaining we are to watch,yes disappointed with the result but proud to support my team playing football how I think it should be played
    I see what Sean and some others are sayin but i agree wi you Bully it's delightful watchin this team play,i was gutted for the lads cos until the sendin off we were by far the better side.I thought when BROOKSY was comin on it would be for Billy but i no way am i gunna start criticisin the MESSIAH's decisions,if we keep playin like that we'll be there or thereabarts at the end of this season.I thought Baldock had a very good game as did Lundstram i also thought Stearman played well but he possibly was at fault for their winner that said i thought the ref had blown for a foul but when they scored i saw him wavin his arms like they do when they're wavin play on.By the wya is it just me or do others think the ref had a mare? Good job carlosser aint our gaffer or he'd wudda had a proper meltdarn. I recall i used to get slaughtered by some on here for supportin Cloughie's more negative style of management(even when we had made 2 cup semi's) now some are begginin to have a pop at the MESSIAH's go for it style,oh well opinions and all that.Finally their first and LEON's goal were absolutely top drawer in my view,and Paterson was their only player who i thought worried us altho the speedy sub did look dangerous but by the time he came on obvs our lads were gerrin very leggy after the sendin off. UTCB
    Last edited by rodcurrie; 09-12-2017 at 07:55 AM.

And so it starts.

Proud but sad

UTCB

My guess is that other teams are starting to figure us out a bit more than they had before, and so different changes were needed if we wanted to keep them on the back foot. We're clearly a bit frail defensively now so the best form of defence, IMO, is attack. I'm not going to vilify Tufty for trying something different,as much as losing the point hurts.
    Also Donaldson scored twice on his debut, so it could all have been very different. Like Gray says, fine margins. We're still learning and developing and growing, particularly as we've lost the heart of the team in Coutts.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast