+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: That ones down to Wilder.

That's what Christopher does,he goes for the win,he has told us numerous times that is his philosophy,that's the type of manager he is,

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    You do if you’re a manager like Carloss. Enjoy the ride Chippy FFS.
    Whats Carloss got to do with what i posted and SBT and LST above,but you choose to have a dig at me with the.... FFS.

I'll say again,Wilder blundered and cost us a point with the gung ho substitutions.

Please dont patronise me again Gray with.. "Enjoy the ride Chippy FFS".

Quote Originally Posted by BlockD View Post
    That's what Christopher does,he goes for the win,he has told us numerous times that is his philosophy,that's the type of manager he is,
    Its wonderful to have a manager like that,compared to rabble (Adkins) we had to endure before Wilder,but he has to temper the win win attitude sometimes and last nite with 10 men and 10 mins to go that was it.

Im as depressed as i have ever felt,not with Wilder not with the players,just how football can suddenly be a hard pill to swallow i'm going back to Coutts getting injured and the following games.

And why is it every team we are playing at home recently who have all been battered get a goal against the run of play scored from outside the box with a screamer,Hull,Reading,Fulham,Birmingham and now Bristol.

Quote Originally Posted by CHIPBUTTYBLADE View Post
    Its wonderful to have a manager like that,compared to rabble (Adkins) we had to endure before Wilder,but he has to temper the win win attitude sometimes and last nite with 10 men and 10 mins to go that was it.

Im as depressed as i have ever felt,not with Wilder not with the players,just how football can suddenly be a hard pill to swallow i'm going back to Coutts getting injured and the following games.

And why is it every team we are playing at home recently who have all been battered get a goal against the run of play scored from outside the box with a screamer,Hull,Reading,Fulham,Birmingham and now Bristol.
    It is wonderful to have him as manager,if he started settling for draws he would be going against all his principles,I for one never want him to change,and yes it's incredibly ferking frustrated every long ranger flies into our net

Whats Carloss got to do with what i posted and SBT and LST above,but you choose to have a dig at me with the.... FFS.

I'll say again,Wilder blundered and cost us a point with the gung ho substitutions.

Please dont patronise me again Gray with.. "Enjoy the ride Chippy FFS".
    What the **** are you on about? I was replying to the ‘sometimes take what you already have and protect it’, and I likened it to what the Pigs are putting up with. If you look on S2 I said exactly the same thing and on the thread that I started, that wasn’t aimed at you or anybody in particular and saying that you should should just enjoy the ride is basically what I’ve said to everyone on there and on here including SBT and LST so I’ve no idea where you’re coming from pal.

Right now I’m going through a rough time apart from United’s form with a close family member who’s not expect to make it to Christmas, I know others on here will have similar problems and who knows what issues you have. I personally think it puts things in perspective mate and so I refuse to transfer my current personal misery to United and I genuinely believe that we should all enjoy the ride, in my case win or lose it’s miles better than I expected and so I can live with it.

But you can be sure that I won’t pander to or joke about your continuous negativity again. It obviously makes you uncomfortable when I genuinely thought it was just a bit of crack and your own brand of ‘reverse psychology’. Life’s way too short pal and to be honest it doesn’t do me much good either. UTB

Quote Originally Posted by BlockD View Post
    It is wonderful to have him as manager,if he started settling for draws he would be going against all his principles,I for one never want him to change,and yes it's incredibly ferking frustrated every long ranger flies into our net
    He wont ever be a manager that settles for "draws" as in sets his stall out from the first minute to "not lose" thats a sh1t boring way to play football,but if we had got a draw last nite with the great way we played and from the situation we were in with ten men,he would have had a lot more praise.

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    What the **** are you on about? I was replying to the ‘sometimes take what you already have and protect it’, and I likened it to what the Pigs are putting up with. If you look on S2 I said exactly the same thing and on the thread that I started, that wasn’t aimed at you or anybody in particular and saying that you should should just enjoy the ride is basically what I’ve said to everyone on there and on here including SBT and LST so I’ve no idea where you’re coming from pal.

Right now I’m going through a rough time apart from United’s form with a close family member who’s not expect to make it to Christmas, I know others on here will have similar problems and who knows what issues you have. I personally think it puts things in perspective mate and so I refuse to transfer my current personal misery to United and I genuinely believe that we should all enjoy the ride, in my case win or lose it’s miles better than I expected and so I can live with it.

But you can be sure that I won’t pander to or joke about your continuous negativity again. It obviously makes you uncomfortable when I genuinely thought it was just a bit of crack and your own brand of ‘reverse psychology’. Life’s way too short pal and to be honest it doesn’t do me much good either. UTB
    Now you are swearing at me Gray,as well as the FFS

I dont do continuous negatiity thats just how you are seeing my post's,i can be critical if i want its what forums are all about.

We all see games differently and various aspects of it,i like what i read when you post,you know that.

Lets just put this little ruck behind us.

I really hope you can be strong for yourself and your family member Gray.

Now you are swearing at me Gray,as well as the FFS

I dont do continuous negatiity thats just how you are seeing my post's,i can be critical if i want its what forums are all about.

We all see games differently and various aspects of it,i like what i read when you post,you know that.

Lets just put this little ruck behind us.

I really hope you can be strong for yourself and your family member Gray.
    Cheers Chippy.

Quote Originally Posted by bulmer1889 View Post
    Maybe wilders attitude to games is the reason we will have 20k season ticket holders watching us on Boxing Day for the 1st time since the prem I'm guessing,I'd have taken a point but then again how boring was it watching cloughy and madkins teams. Gutted about tonight was a real kick in the gonads at the death but I really do enjoy watching us now and I'm doing it sober as well which shows how entertaining we are to watch,yes disappointed with the result but proud to support my team playing football how I think it should be played
    Have a like Bully - couldn't agree more. Honestly, it was a joy to watch at times - and I would rather have that from my team than 2 banks of 4 shuffle left shuffle right. End of.

Don't care if we don't go up this season - honestly, I don't think we are ready. Happy to enjoy life in the Championship watching cracking games against decent teams like Brizzle. CW/AK will figure it out.

While taking SBT's point that CW's tactics/substitutions may well have cost us one point, I regret to say that I think Flecky probably cost us three - and it is perhaps at his door that last night's result should be "put down to". However, I also agree with Rod, BD, CD, Aya and Gray as to taking pleasure in the way we play. I now ENJOY watching us and although I obviously want us to win every game, I am not particularly fussed about the prospect of us being in the PL - other than for the financial benefits that should accrue to a well managed club.
    On the question of "going for the win", logic suggests that 11 against 11, where you are as good or better than the opposition, you have to go for victory as you are getting odds of 2 to 1 on an even money shot. 10 v 11 though, is a bit more problematic and depends entirely on how you calculate your chances of getting the desired result. CW obviously thought it was worth it, SBT didn't.
    As Rod often says.............
    To be honest, the only result that mattered to me last night, which I received when I got home after the game, was the one that said "Negative" on my latest cancer test. That made me feel wonderful - and I celebrated with some VSOP Calvados.
    UTB!!!
    Last edited by RonnieWaldock; 09-12-2017 at 11:25 AM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast