+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: ot - for Woody Wolf

ot - for Woody Wolf

Hey up kid, I meant asking you about this a while back but here goes anyway.
    Remember we chatted about the new/re-branded Porridge telly series on the Bbc, and it was shown here in the UK in Oct/Nov.
    We only do 6 episodes over here for a full series, and maybe a Christmas special episode thrown in etc. Im interested to hear what any other fan thinks who have watched this new Porridge show, because my thoughts are that its 'Ok' at best. The laughs are there admittedly if you look for them, but they only come around once every 7 minutes roughly, and thats not great is it to be honest.
    I dont know if the Bbc are going to re-new it beyond this first series, but Id be interested to see/hear what the fans thoughts and the audience figures are.

I liked it, and I liked it because the laughs did only come around every 7 mins roughly that's , for me, the way it should be, that's the way life is if your lucky. Unlike the god awful american sit coms where every line has to have a laugh. Dreadful frivoulous crap. I enjoyed the fist series very much and hope it is continued.

Quote Originally Posted by WOODLANDSWOLF View Post
    I liked it, and I liked it because the laughs did only come around every 7 mins roughly that's , for me, the way it should be, that's the way life is if your lucky. Unlike the god awful american sit coms where every line has to have a laugh. Dreadful frivoulous crap. I enjoyed the fist series very much and hope it is continued.
    Tahh for the reply Woody, and bear in mind I havent watched the last episode yet... Ive really got to catch up on things lol.
    I cant help but look at the lead actor (who plays Fletcher) as 'stupid Brian' from the sitcom My Family, or as Barry Hearn from the Snnoker legends film the Bbc did a few years ago.
    If theres any character who I do like, its officer Mekie who is an obvious new version of officer Mackay. Hes the cold hearted jock bloke who is meant to be the protagonist, but he always gets portrayed as the antagonist.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)