Quote Originally Posted by meoldlaner View Post
What a fantastic advert for league 2 football, a real go for the throats attitude from both sides. Before the game I thought it would be a cagey affair but it was a treat for all.
When Notts came out playing at the tempo that they did it is hard for any team in this league to live with them, but credit to Loo-un they battled back just like we have on a number of occasions this season.
1-1 was a fair result and thank you Fitzsimmons for that fabulous stop at the death.
I don't know why people have a go at Hewitt because i think he and Yates do so much donkey work and Hewitt has given Yates the freedom to go forward and score some valuable goals, but hey ho you can't please all.
One negative for me was the booing and some abuse of Alan Sheehan, our hero at Oldham during the gloomy days, a man that doesn't know the meaning of under par performance. It wasn't necessary.
Having said that the support was as noisy as that afternoon in Oldham, well done for that.
It was the first time I had visited Loo-un, OMG what a Sh!te hole it really is.
I agree the boo-ing and abuse of Alan Sheehan was uncalled for. Some fans have short memories, he was a good servant for the club, helped saved us from relegation from league one and it's a shame that had to happen. Also before he went to Luton he wanted to come back to Notts.

Hopefully he will be treated with a bit more respect when Luton visit Meadow Lane.

Likewise I concur about Luton being an absolute dump of a place. The ground is a strange one as you have to effectively go through some terraced houses into the ground which it's almost like going into someones back garden.