+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 53 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: The January transfer window

Quote Originally Posted by 87kilos View Post
    Lewis Morgan is reportedly signing for Celtic for £300k and loaned straight back to them for the remainder of the season.

Could be pants. Just read it elsewhere.
    Look forward to him playing for us next season on loan.

#COYR #COYBG

Young guys like him (in my opinion) are mad to sign for clubs like Celtic where he'll get about 180 minutes per season.

Keep developing at another club instead of taking the money and playing reserve team football.

Young guys like him (in my opinion) are mad to sign for clubs like Celtic where he'll get about 180 minutes per season.

Keep developing at another club instead of taking the money and playing reserve team football.
    If he signed for a lower league English team he would get the same money to be fair and clubs like us can't afford him.

Very true, particularly when there are no reserve leagues anymore.Although the big increase in wages will be the attraction. He will probably end out on loan next season as well.

That's where I hold out a little glimmer of hope for Christie signing for us permanently. He has been playing every week bar Saturday of course and has been capped for Scotland. Something that would never happened at Celtic. He will probably end up in the Championship unfortunately although his game isn't necessarily best suited for such a physical league.

Loans MUST be banned.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Loans MUST be banned.
    I have to agree with this. The game is a bogey up here anyway but as long as the club with the biggest resources in the country can cherry pick any potential talent with no intention of actually using them just so it handicaps their opposition then it is well and truly beyond reparation.

If not banned, at least the number of players a club can loan out must be severely restricted. Chelsea have about 50 players out on loan which is facking ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    If not banned, at least the number of players a club can loan out must be severely restricted. Chelsea have about 50 players out on loan which is facking ridiculous.
    It is ridiculous but I wonder if the Chelsea loans are spread throughout the leagues and Europe.
    Celtic buying the best young players and loaning them out in Scotland could be considered as creating an unfair advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    It is ridiculous but I wonder if the Chelsea loans are spread throughout the leagues and Europe.
    Celtic buying the best young players and loaning them out in Scotland could be considered as creating an unfair advantage.
    Brenda was crying last season about the lack of competition domestically then went out of his way to sign our best player and hijack the Maloney deal.

Laughable.

It's just capitalism delivering it's inevitable consequence.

One club (company) owning or in charge of everything.

If we continue to allow loans, in any form, then there is nothing to stop Celtic signing every promising youngster in Scotland.

Page 11 of 53 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast