+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: The January transfer window

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    It is ridiculous but I wonder if the Chelsea loans are spread throughout the leagues and Europe.
    Celtic buying the best young players and loaning them out in Scotland could be considered as creating an unfair advantage.
    Just had a quick look at wiki and had a quick count(I know wiki is nae the most accurate but it gives an idea)

4 in the guffball premier
    9 in the guffball championship
    4 elsewhere in guffball
    6 in Holland
    1 in Russia
    1 in Turkey
    1 in Mexico
    1 in Belgium
    1 in Serbia
    1 in France

29 players out on loan

to note their first team is made up of 28 players and they have 4 players in purgatory too (including Ismael Feruz)

A squad of 61 players. Fit the f@ck

loans within the same league should be stopped although we’ve greatly benefited from having Christie.

I’d expect Ball will head back down to wherever he came from in January - totally pointless signing. Hopefully Stewart stays as I think he could come onto a game in the second part of the season. Id imagine if one of them does go we’ll bring someone else in on loan, likely from down south.

McGinn should be the main target in January.

I see on bbc gossip column Liam Henderson at Celtic might be leaving - he’d be an improvement on Tansey - had a good season with Hibs last year.

Niall McGinn is in a pretty strong position if all the clubs that have been mentioned really are looking to secure him. His agent will be looking for a fairly hefty wage for him.

I'd like to see him back here but is it maybe worth looking elsewhere if and that's a big if, his wages are going to be higher than we would prefer to be paying?

Would rather see us hijack the Morgan deal. £300k - decent chance of resale value, club backs manager, player gets regular game and we pump the 'tic. Deal in Dundee's Hendry and Accies' Docherty and steal the title away from the invincibles to wash down the 3-0 pumping we hand them in a few hours.

Quote Originally Posted by vinnydesalvo View Post
    Would rather see us hijack the Morgan deal. £300k - decent chance of resale value, club backs manager, player gets regular game and we pump the 'tic. Deal in Dundee's Hendry and Accies' Docherty and steal the title away from the invincibles to wash down the 3-0 pumping we hand them in a few hours.
    Too late for Morgan I think, but we should be looking to sign these kind of prospects ahead of Celtic and Rangers. You would think we would be a more attractive proposition for someone like him career-wise. Problem is he can sign for Celtic, get a higher wage, and end up playing for someone like Aberdeen or Hibs or Hearts on loan - getting the game time but earning more whilst doing so. Does Christie regret signing for Celtic? Probably not - he's earning more money than he would have had he signed directly for AFC, but is getting the same game time.

I would play Stewart in MrLame's position to see how he does. If it works out I would then punt MrLame in January down south - if anyone would take him.

Other than Lewis, Shinnie and the young lads it would not worry me if anyone else left this window if someone was willing to part with cash for any of them. As always though no one will and there must be a reason for that as we hardly play hardball when after a fee. Hayes was the exception rather than the rule.
    At most a couple of loans will come in to replace the benchwarmers that will hopefully be getting returned.

I don’t expect much at all in the transfer window as we have not seen that much action in the last couple of January windows. If Niall knocks us back to join his pal Stokes at Hibs then it will likely be a loan or 2 to come in.
    Milne and McInnes are happy with what we have so don’t hold out for much movement coming in.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Milne and McInnes are happy with what we have so don’t hold out for much movement coming in.
    Interesting. I would not like to contradict you in any way as you are obviously right but DM is already on record saying that he knows where he wants to strengthen.

Quote Originally Posted by Getintaethem View Post
    Interesting. I would not like to contradict you in any way as you are obviously right but DM is already on record saying that he knows where he wants to strengthen.
    The biggest area he would be better strengthening is his mentality.

Page 13 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast