+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 15 of 53 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: The January transfer window

Quote Originally Posted by Redmadders96 View Post
    Wondered how long before "A guy I know has heard from someone who knows everything"

Celtic will never sell us Christie..........Just cant see it at all BUT if we do get him on a permanent deal I will come back and apologies
    I’m not trying to be a guy with a “reliable source “ min it was just a mate who told me but like I said he was right about McGinn signing today which I thought wouldn’t happen so you never know.

It’s supposed to be a reasonable fee and a big chunk of the selling on clause,nearly half of it.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    I’m not trying to be a guy with a “reliable source “ min it was just a mate who told me but like I said he was right about McGinn signing today which I thought wouldn’t happen so you never know.

It’s supposed to be a reasonable fee and a big chunk of the selling on clause,nearly half of it.

Rico.......its not a dig at you mate........HONEST.
    I just don't see what Celtic selling him to us does for them?? I cant see them selling such a good player to the closest team to them when they normally buy all the good players from other teams to weaken them.

I would love to see it have I really would..........so fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by Redmadders96 View Post
    Rico.......its not a dig at you mate........HONEST.
    I just don't see what Celtic selling him to us does for them?? I cant see them selling such a good player to the closest team to them when they normally buy all the good players from other teams to weaken them.

I would love to see it have I really would..........so fingers crossed.
    I’m not entirely convinced either to be HONEST

It would be good if it happened though.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    It certainly would be a coup to get on a permanent deal.

Would you consider it a great positive if DM and SM manages to pull it off?
    Of course. Christie is a very good player and we can never have enough of them. It would certainly be beneficial to the team if he could play against Celtic instead of having to sit it out.

Christie will only happen if he's completely out of the frame at Celtic and is resigned to leaving. They're about to receive a huge windfall from the Van Dijk transfer so unless we're about to make Christie our record signing I doubt they'll be particularly fussed with the kind of transfer fee we are capable of paying.

It's not impossible. While I think Christie is a very good player for us he is far from the finished article. I think Celtic will probably be expecting more from him still. He's not quite there yet - plenty of skill and endeavour but not enough final product. They might have formed the view that he doesn't quite have what it takes.
    Last edited by ragnarok; 29-12-2017 at 03:56 AM.

Canna see Christie coming. celtic will not do us any favours by selling us a good player* for peanuts because we winna be busting no banks to sign him.

*GMS doesn't count as hes been sh@te barring a couple of flashes

Only way Christie will ever be a Dons player is after his stint down in England.

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarok View Post
    Christie will only happen if he's completely out of the frame at Celtic and is resigned to leaving. They're about to receive a huge windfall from the Van Dijk transfer so unless we're about to make Christie our record signing I doubt they'll be particularly fussed with the kind of transfer fee we are capable of paying.

It's not impossible. While I think Christie is a very good player for us he is far from the finished article. I think Celtic will probably be expecting more from him still. He's not quite there yet - plenty of skill and endeavour but not enough final product. They might have formed the view that he doesn't quite have what it takes.
    Lawell was apparently a nightmare over th GMS deal and that was only £150k. Considering they paid £500k for him and he's a far better player now, plus we are their closest "challengers" then I can't see it at all.

Tansey getting interest from Ross County apparently. I think the consensus will be that they are welcome to him.

Quote Originally Posted by bpdon View Post
    Tansey getting interest from Ross County apparently. I think the consensus will be that they are welcome to him.
    How is that possible as hes hardly played and admits hes still nae fit

Page 15 of 53 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast