+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 17 of 53 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: The January transfer window

Jason Cummings.......

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealSLYFOX View Post
    Jason Cummings.......
    Sevco are hoping to add him to their unsustainable wage bill according to rumours online!

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Hopefully we move a few players out and replace them during this window but in all honesty it is in hope rather than reality. I don’t think Del will add many more than 1 maybe 2 at a push to top up on having signed McGinn already. Reynolds is hardly getting much game time at all and might decide a move would be in his best interest. Maynard would certainly be doing well to remain at Aberdeen beyond the window. I have a feeling Ball will be staying as he can cover a few positions for McInnes. McLean will only get moved on if someone stumps up cash that Aberdeen think that is too good to reject or swapped for another teams player.
    Deek will be wanting to play McLean right up till the last game of the season. He lurves him !! So , I`d expect him to be looking for his replacement to be signed in summer. Only January option might be if we can get "that " boy on a pre contract agreement , anounced in January ?

No idea whats going on with Tansey. No idea what`s going on with Craig Storie either ?? Are they ever getting a run , or being hiked .

McGinn`s return , is just like a new signing !! ( sic ) Pretty sure Deek will think we are well covered for rest of season in attack now.

So , injuries withstanding. I`d say that`s it for the January window ?

Now Deek needs to do what he also did last season. Pick his best players in a settled side . And play them in their best positions !! Except this season , I don`t think that is still yet clear . As players like May and Stewart don`t seem to fit into his rigid 4-2-3-1 ?

Big ask is in the summer. When we have to replace Christie , McLean and probably Arnason .

Lets hope against hope that Wright , Ross and Harvie all get a decent chance and ,....err, yeah . right !!

Fit like min? Had a look for you yesterday and Thistle. Thought you might have been up at home. Hae a guid new year loon. See you soon.

We are still missing that central midfield prescence. Not the utter brute/cnut, that I've heard fans banding about, as that has never been what AFC have ever been about, but we miss that central midfielder with prescence, vision, strength, box to box ability etc etc, that, to be fair, we've been missing for many years. Robson had some of those attributes but his legs had gone long ago.

I hoped that Tansey would be that man, as I'm sure others did, but that has proved ill judged.

Yesterday, for example, I thought that at times we took the easy option of just funneling the ball out wide to Logan, and his crosses were easily dealt with by the decent Hearts defence. McLean didn't appear to have the vision to pick out the forward, defence splitting pass, that would have unocked the opposition defence. McGinn's return will give us better options in the wider areas but in order to prevent us being easy to defend against, we need that variation.

What did happen to Craig Storie?

Whether we can get that player in January, or the summer, we will find out.
    Last edited by Feck_the_Huns; 31-12-2017 at 01:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GASC1980 View Post
    Fit like min? Had a look for you yesterday and Thistle. Thought you might have been up at home. Hae a guid new year loon. See you soon.
    Aye f`like `en !!
    Wasn`t there. either game. Afraid I`m slipping out of top Don category !!

Boring self employed business reasons for not hanging around till Thistle game. Needed to get back down the road.

Still, I guess that qualifies me to come on here more often and spout ****e, eh ?!!

Happy New Year for the morn !!

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post
    We are still missing that central midfield prescence. Not the utter brute/cnut, that I've heard fans banding about, as that has never been what AFC have ever been about, but we miss that central midfielder with prescence, vision, strength, box to box ability etc etc, that, to be fair, we've been missing for many years. Robson had some of those attributes but his legs had gone long ago.

I hoped that Tansey would be that man, as I'm sure others did, but that has proved ill judged.

Yesterday, for example, I thought that at times we took the easy option of just funneling the ball out wide to Logan, and his crosses were easily dealt with by the decent Hearts defence. McLean didn't appear to have the vision to pick out the forward, defence splitting pass, that would have unocked the opposition defence. McGinn's return will give us better options in the wider areas but in order to prevent us being easy to defend against, we need that variation.

Agree with you about the midfield players McLean and Tansey.
    Christie used in a more central role to dictate the forward play is a plus if we get the right players around him. McGinn will certainly help. Another decent central midfielder (not a sitting midfielder) would go a long way to help improve our attacking threat.

Quote Originally Posted by neilthedon View Post

So , injuries withstanding. I`d say that`s it for the January window ?
    Chairman has said funds are available for January transfer window.

Also, Arnason will be kept on for another year, McLean can go now, Christie will be kept on.

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post

Do you not think Shinnie has that presence?
    Box to box, presence, vision, strength etc

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Do you not think Shinnie has that presence?
    Box to box, presence, vision, strength etc
    Agree with you that Shinnie has presence. He is deservedly our captain and gives his all for the team on a constant basis.
    The vision part though can certainly be debated as that is not one of his attributes.

Page 17 of 53 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast