+ Visit Aberdeen FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 258

Thread: The January transfer window

  1. #21
    Naismith - good shout. Not for the first time this season - impressing in the highlights. Logan to left back. Tidy bit of width and pace.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Abu Dhabi Sandpit
    Posts
    1,942
    Quote Originally Posted by vinnydesalvo View Post
    Logan to left back..
    Nah min, we need to bide awa from trying to slot square pegs into round holes as we found time and time again it disna work....
    Naismith is a good shout though....

    COYR

  3. #23
    Folk talking about Moult need a wee reality check. We wouldn't pay what he was worth in the summer and given his form and media love-in he's probably doubled in price since then - not happening.

    And even if we did somehow sign him, he'd be standing next to Rooney or May wondering if the ball was ever going to come into the box. That or playing left wing.

    And everyone would call him sh!te...

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by ILikeJam View Post
    Folk talking about Moult need a wee reality check. We wouldn't pay what he was worth in the summer and given his form and media love-in he's probably doubled in price since then - not happening.

    And even if we did somehow sign him, he'd be standing next to Rooney or May wondering if the ball was ever going to come into the box. That or playing left wing.

    And everyone would call him sh!te...
    Correct
    As I said earlier, that ship has long since sailed.

    I think reading some of the posts on here, folk need the reality check you mentioned.

    Suggesting we sign Docherty, Cadden, Jones and whoever else....those 3 would cost over 1m.

    There's a chance we might pay a relatively small fee along the lines of the GMS 250k, but to suggest we'll go on a spree and sing 3 young players under contract at that cost is Championship Manager stuff

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post

    Suggesting we sign Docherty, Cadden, Jones and whoever else....those 3 would cost over 1m.
    Read post#4 again, no-one has suggested we sign all 3 of them.

  6. #26
    To be honest I haven't seen enough of Docherty to judge whether he is a good player or not,but I remember people on here saying they liked Kenny McLean when he was at St Mirren and thought we should sign him.

    Maybe we should try signing players from somewhere else rather than diddy SPFL clubs,the chances are he will be as popular as McLean is if we did actually sign him.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealSLYFOX View Post
    What Id like
    Out- Ball, GMS, Maynard, O Connor.
    In- Moult (his injury just now helps), Naismith (Ross C), Devlin, Morgan.
    There is definitely a player in GMS, just lacking in confidence is my opinion. I'd be keeping him.

    We need a ball winner in midfield plus a left back if Shinnie is going to be utilised in midfield.

  8. #28
    I cannot see McGinn returning (as much as I'd like him to).
    He wouldn't have left if he didn't want to try something different.

    I see Lennon has been blowing smoke up his ass:
    https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.c...ginn-1-4635619

    "Neil Lennon has confirmed he's keen on bringing Niall McGinn to Hibs after the former Celtic and Aberdeen star was a guest of the club for the 2-2 draw with the xxxxs."
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42306417

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Donanddusted View Post
    I cannot see McGinn returning (as much as I'd like him to).
    He wouldn't have left if he didn't want to try something different.

    I see Lennon has been blowing smoke up his ass:
    https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.c...ginn-1-4635619

    "Neil Lennon has confirmed he's keen on bringing Niall McGinn to Hibs after the former Celtic and Aberdeen star was a guest of the club for the 2-2 draw with the xxxxs."
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42306417
    McGinn will get plenty of offers over the next few weeks. If he wants to come back and DM wants him back then he will come back. It will ultimately come down to the longest/best offer for McGinn and whether we would want to offer a 2 year contract? I suspect Hibs and Hearts would, i doubt we would. He couldn't fecking cross a bridge last season so i don't see how he's going to solve our current width issues.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Donanddusted View Post
    I cannot see McGinn returning (as much as I'd like him to).
    He wouldn't have left if he didn't want to try something different.

    I see Lennon has been blowing smoke up his ass:
    https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.c...ginn-1-4635619

    "Neil Lennon has confirmed he's keen on bringing Niall McGinn to Hibs after the former Celtic and Aberdeen star was a guest of the club for the 2-2 draw with the xxxxs."
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42306417
    I think hell end up at Hibs.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    I think hell end up at Hibs.
    I think you're right. He had a great few years here, felt the time was right to move on and although I'd take him back in a minute, I think he'll want a bit of a change - Hibs seem most likely. They're building a good team, and Lennon is a good manager.

    I really can't think of any obvious targets as far as wide players, or central midfielders go. I think they are the key positions we need to strengthen. The only real wide players we've got are Wright and GMS and neither of them are getting a decent enough run in the team to build their confidence, which is vital for wingers. The other players we're trying to play out wide from time to time don't really know what to do out there - Rooney, May, McLean, Christie, Ross, Stewart etc. With the exception of Rooney they'd all be able to do a job in a central position behind the main striker, but no use out wide. If we had a tough tackling energetic midfielder to replace Shinnie in the centre, i'd be tempted to stick him out wide left rather than some of these other guys as at least he knows how to get by a man and put in a cross.

  12. #32
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    The Foggy Dump
    Posts
    2,703
    We’re McGinn and Popcorn teeth in the same squad together in their Victim FC days?

  13. #33
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Meldrum Rock City
    Posts
    21,860
    Neil Lennon binned him did he not

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridieeater View Post
    McGinn will get plenty of offers over the next few weeks. If he wants to come back and DM wants him back then he will come back. It will ultimately come down to the longest/best offer for McGinn and whether we would want to offer a 2 year contract? I suspect Hibs and Hearts would, i doubt we would. He couldn't fecking cross a bridge last season so i don't see how he's going to solve our current width issues.
    He got 14 goals and 12 assists for us last season.

    We will be lucky if GMS,Stewart and Wright get 12 assists between them this season.None of them are going to score anywhere near 14 goals.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    He got 14 goals and 12 assists for us last season.

    We will be lucky if GMS,Stewart and Wright get 12 assists between them this season.None of them are going to score anywhere near 14 goals.
    Totally agree.
    He may not be perfect but hed walk in to that Dons X1 now.
    Rooney would also like to see him back (as would May) as 75% of Rooneys goals were created by McGinn & Hayes.

  16. #36
    I think McInnes will sign a centre half as he is clearly not satisfied with what we have. Someone very similar to Ash Taylor who wins nearly everything in the air ...hopefully somebody better on the ball.
    I think he will stick with Rooney and May as the main strikers in the squad but will add a wide player to create chances for them both.
    His wild card signing (a loan) will be a sitting midfielder...he likes these players to protect his defence.
    Me personally I would certainly go for a winger, a striker, another attacking midfielder and a centre half.
    A couple of players should certainly be moved on as they get very little game time and offer very little (Maynard and Ball).

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Totally agree.
    He may not be perfect but he’d walk in to that Dons X1 now.
    Rooney would also like to see him back (as would May) as 75% of Rooney’s goals were created by McGinn & Hayes.
    aye, lets just get mcginn back in. I'd be delighted

  18. #38
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Balikpapan & Thailand
    Posts
    453
    Quote Originally Posted by ILikeJam View Post
    And even if we did somehow sign him, he'd be standing next to Rooney or May wondering if the ball was ever going to come into the box.
    So, what you are saying is, Motherwell are better than Aberdeen as he scores regularly for them.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by BorneoRed View Post
    So, what you are saying is, Motherwell are better than Aberdeen as he scores regularly for them.
    According to Scottish sun he is off to Preston ahead of huns and hubs.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by BorneoRed View Post
    So, what you are saying is, Motherwell are better than Aberdeen as he scores regularly for them.
    I think he is talking about the fact our wide players haven't put many crosses into the box this season,and when they finally do manage to cross the ball its a shyte cross.

    From what I have seen of Moult he gets most of his goals from his team mates crossing the ball into the box, so yes he wouldnt score as many goals for us if he signed for us this season.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •