+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: The January transfer window

Quote Originally Posted by BorneoRed View Post
    So, what you are saying is, Motherwell are better than Aberdeen as he scores regularly for them.
    He scores from crosses. We've put in about two good crosses all season and Rooney scored from them both. Tell a lie, Shinnie put in a good one against Hamilton and May should have scored.

Keep an eye on events in Ingerlund with respect to Ryan Fraser.

We get a healthy chunk of wedge if young Ryan moves from Bournemouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Landvetter83 View Post
    Keep an eye on events in Ingerlund with respect to Ryan Fraser.

We get a healthy chunk of wedge if young Ryan moves from Bournemouth.
    You sure?
    I didn’t think we had a sell on clause

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    You sure?
    I didn’t think we had a sell on clause
    Be pretty f@cking daft if we dinna.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Be pretty f@cking daft if we dinna.
    I’m sure this has come up before & Dincan Fraser has said there isn’t a clause.
    Didn’t he sign out of contract & we only got “training” compensation?

Don't know about January but by summer we'll be looking to replace Considine (hopefully), O'Connor, Arnason (I imagine), Stewart, Ball, McLean, Christie, Storie & Maynard at least.

Even in the poundlands & Charity shops we buy from we should be able to upgrade most of them I'd hope.

Quote Originally Posted by RedLineRed View Post
    Don't know about January but by summer we'll be looking to replace Considine (hopefully), O'Connor, Arnason (I imagine), Stewart, Ball, McLean, Christie, Storie & Maynard at least.

Even in the poundlands & Charity shops we buy from we should be able to upgrade most of them I'd hope.
    Aye, we could be looking at a major overhaul
    8 of the 9 above are regularly in the squad of 18 and 5 or 6 of them in the starting X1

A major overhaul may not necessarily be a bad thing, however, given DM's mixed record in the transfer market, it could be a complete disaster.
    Look at how we've regressed this season.
    (The biggest downgrade being the replacements for McGinn & Hayes)

If O'Connor & McLean refuse to re-sign, then we should look to sell for money in January.

Hopefully a couple of decent signings are made in January to help for the rest of the season.
    On current form, we'll be lucky to finish in the automatic Euro spots of top 3.

Quote Originally Posted by RedLineRed View Post

Not sure if its going to be as much as that.

No chance Considine is going anywhere he is here to stay,I would say there is a good chance O'Connor will sign a new deal and Arnason might stay on for another season.

Ball,Storie and Maynard will be off but wont be hard to replace, Stewart has looked ok the last few games but we can do better.

Christie will be hard to replace and depending on who you talk to McLean wont be.

So really from that list we will only need to replace two first team players and 3 or 4 bench warmers.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Not sure if its going to be as much as that.

No chance Considine is going anywhere he is here to stay,I would say there is a good chance O'Connor will sign a new deal and Arnason might stay on for another season.

Ball,Storie and Maynard will be off but wont be hard to replace, Stewart has looked ok the last few games but we can do better.

Christie will be hard to replace and depending on who you talk to McLean wont be.

So really from that list we will only need to replace two first team players and 3 or 4 bench warmers.
    Most of the players he signed in the summer are bench warmers.
    How many nailed on regulars are there from the summer signings?
    Tansey?
    Maynard?
    GMS?
    Ball?
    Stewart?
    Arnason?

all either in and out of the team or perennial substitutes.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Most of the players he signed in the summer are bench warmers.
    How many nailed on regulars are there from the summer signings?
    Tansey?
    Maynard?
    GMS?
    Ball?
    Stewart?
    Arnason?

all either in and out of the team or perennial substitutes.
    Christie and May are in the team every week.

Arnason,GMS and Stewart are in and out of the team.

Tansey has been injured but looks pish when he has played so its hard to tell if he would play more often.

Ball and Maynard would be the only bench warmers from the summer signings.

Page 5 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast