+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 53 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: The January transfer window

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Brendan will need somebody to switch on the Christmas lights in Lennoxtown next year.

He’ll probably be our player of the year
    Considine doesn’t do Christmas lights.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Too add, we aim to step up a level, gain on the pigs/win a cup. Chances are we would have to beat Celtic without our best player to win the Scottish. Great that. Its a lazy loan as we have no scouts. We could have found an equally as good player elsewhere if we bothered to look. But we dont. .

Nothing against Christie at all. Just the whole set up of it annoys me
    Play within the rules. Guys like Christie allow us to get more money by finishing higher in the league, cup runs, European runs etc.

We're not developing Celtic's player, we are developing the player. A player Celtic will never use. He'll get punted on and like Ward etc he'll look back at his time at Aberdeen as favourable, enjoyable and a worthwhile exercise.

McKenna has come back from loan where he was developed for us and made himself a mainstay in the defence. The loan system is a way to improve any players career.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    I love the way people use that quote from the man who also said getting beat 2-0 at Parkhead was a good result.

If you can be bothered to look back at posts from last year there was plenty of people saying the same thing. It was around about this time we got beat at Ibrox and then lost at Ross County, it wasn't until the Christmas period when we beat Motherwell away and Hearts away that we started playing well.

Perhaps like last season we will be playing a lot better in the second half of the season.
    Agree witha ll of that. We did go through a bad patch last season, but as said above, we are still 8 points better off at this stage. I think what stands out for me is that the style of football has regressed, rather than the results on the park. We had pace on the wings last season, we had great balls getting played into the box, but this season that hasnt happened as much and we have created less chances on the whole. That said, we have still lost only one league away game out of 11 this season, which is great going to be honest.

I think a lot of people are very disappointed with the two hun results and rightly so. If we had won those games i think we would be viewing the season 'so far' a bit differently. The annoying thing for me is that we SHOULD have beaten them twice, because they are rank rotten. I still think we will finish above the huns though,

Quote Originally Posted by Stupie82 View Post
    Agree witha ll of that. We did go through a bad patch last season, but as said above, we are still 8 points better off at this stage. I think what stands out for me is that the style of football has regressed, rather than the results on the park. We had pace on the wings last season, we had great balls getting played into the box, but this season that hasnt happened as much and we have created less chances on the whole. That said, we have still lost only one league away game out of 11 this season, which is great going to be honest.

I think a lot of people are very disappointed with the two hun results and rightly so. If we had won those games i think we would be viewing the season 'so far' a bit differently. The annoying thing for me is that we SHOULD have beaten them twice, because they are rank rotten. I still think we will finish above the huns though,
    Most of what you say is bang on the money however we had a very stable team last season and regardless of who gets shipped out or shipped in it will always be difficult to replace the consistency of a settled team. One thing i would disagree with you is the Rangers team. They are not rank rotten. There is a lot of decent Scottish Premiership level players in that team and with a decent manager on board they will fight like h#ll to get 2nd place. (hence the reason they are 2nd)

We are going through a fair transition this year which isn't being helped by some pretty ropey defending and a lack of quality down the wings. We aint going to magic up someone to improve all those areas at once and in the Jan window however if he can get the teams confidence up and try and get a settled team then we have a chance of getting 2nd.

We should have beat them but they aren't totally rank rotten. They only finished 9 points behind us last season and are currently above us (albeit through goal difference). This is all the while having two absolute nuggets as manager and now a stand in one. Once they get their ****e together they will create a 2 team league again. Too many people on here are in denial about them.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Bridieeater View Post
    Most of what you say is bang on the money however we had a very stable team last season and regardless of who gets shipped out or shipped in it will always be difficult to replace the consistency of a settled team. One thing i would disagree with you is the Rangers team. They are not rank rotten. There is a lot of decent Scottish Premiership level players in that team and with a decent manager on board they will fight like h#ll to get 2nd place. (hence the reason they are 2nd)

We are going through a fair transition this year which isn't being helped by some pretty ropey defending and a lack of quality down the wings. We aint going to magic up someone to improve all those areas at once and in the Jan window however if he can get the teams confidence up and try and get a settled team then we have a chance of getting 2nd.

You are unfortunately right about Rangers. They are 2nd and also have 8 points more at this stage than our best-of-the-rest team did last season. Yet their performances got their manager sacked. Their players are on 3 times as much as ours. I don't doubt they made some unwise signing decisions but their wages will still be some kind of reflection of quality. Our fans' confidence that player for player we have a better squad is almost certainly misplaced.

I've never understood the section of our support who wanted them back in the league for "more big games" etc. Barring another catastrophic financial event or similar (and we can but hope) they'll be out of sight within a season or two, no matter who is the manager here and who is the manager there.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridieeater View Post

Thats not entirely correct, up until this point last season he was chopping and changing the team almost as much as this season.

O'Conner,Reynlods, Taylor and Considine were all in and out of the team.

Rooney and Stockley were being rotated.

McGinn and Maddison were also being rotated.

Everyone was moaning this time last year that he changing the team too much and he should pick his best 11.

He then started to pick his best 11 around the Christmas period and results started to pick up. I believe he picked the same 11 for 6 or 7 games in a row after the winter break and everyone started to say he needed to freshen things up

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    We should have beat them but they aren't totally rank rotten. They only finished 9 points behind us last season and are currently above us (albeit through goal difference). This is all the while having two absolute nuggets as manager and now a stand in one. Once they get their ****e together they will create a 2 team league again. Too many people on here are in denial about them.
    I think you are absolutely right, once they get their act together they probably will create a 2 team league... but its not enough, hence why i think they are struggling now. A 2 team league catered for both of said teams, however the perks of getting CL football in 2nd place has been removed. The huns realise this and they arent only interested in getting above us, but they want to get above Celtic.

The financial powerhouse that is Celtic will continue forever more and like us, Sevco will not be able to keep up. Apart from a complete capitulation from Celtic, it will be a 1 team league to an extent.

As for Sevco, Rotten is a bit extreme, but they arent good. Okay in terms of points they are the same as us, but i watched them against Dundee and again against Hibs the other night, and apart from a 5 minute spell where they scored 2 goals, they were riding their luck. They should have been on the end of a hiding. I think they are weathering the storm just now, but i think they are chasing something they cant achieve without a sh!t load of cash.

As for us, we need to strengthen in January and we need to change our mentality going into certain games. I think we are better than Sevco and we should finish above them this season.

I think you are absolutely right, once they get their act together they probably will create a 2 team league... but its not enough, hence why i think they are struggling now. A 2 team league catered for both of said teams, however the perks of getting CL football in 2nd place has been removed. The huns realise this and they arent only interested in getting above us, but they want to get above Celtic.

The financial powerhouse that is Celtic will continue forever more and like us, Sevco will not be able to keep up. Apart from a complete capitulation from Celtic, it will be a 1 team league to an extent.

As for Sevco, Rotten is a bit extreme, but they arent good. Okay in terms of points they are the same as us, but i watched them against Dundee and again against Hibs the other night, and apart from a 5 minute spell where they scored 2 goals, they were riding their luck. They should have been on the end of a hiding. I think they are weathering the storm just now, but i think they are chasing something they cant achieve without a sh!t load of cash.

As for us, we need to strengthen in January and we need to change our mentality going into certain games. I think we are better than Sevco and we should finish above them this season.
    Celtic have managed to be well run and I heard they are actively pursuing another league to be part of. That said, Celtic were just as much a shambles as rangers are right now not so long ago. One hiccup and Sevco could be in.

The only way that the hun ****s will be better than us in the league is if the corrupt refereeing thats been going on. Sound a bitty like atattie muncher but they get off wi murder the fkpigs.

Page 9 of 53 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast