+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 43 of 53 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast

Thread: The January transfer window

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Can only assume that if it’s true, it’s a Russ Richardson shout?

We’ve had some real dross up front/on the bench in DM’s time.
    Rooney apart, no striker has done well or looked good.
    Am I forgetting an obvious one?
    Vernon not bad at all, was a fan. Lovely hatrick at Tannadice in one of his last games and stuck away his penalty with ease in LC win.

Out of DM's striker signings I would say that only Simon Church has been any good. Scored a few in his short time here and filled in while Rooney was injured. Christ knows where we would really be without Adam in our team over the past four years.

May started off great and I'm sure he'll be good after shaking these injuries off.

Personally I would have stuck with Wright and Ross.
    You can see potential in both and may have had some bad moments but who hasnt this season?
    Wright cant be any wirse than GMS at times.
    It seems we find young playerz with calibre and they disappear elsewhere (McKenna being the exception).

I still think Maynard hasnt been given enough time.

Ah well.

****e january window though.

Quote Originally Posted by Spielführer_1903 View Post
    Vernon not bad at all, was a fan. Lovely hatrick at Tannadice in one of his last games and stuck away his penalty with ease in LC win.

Out of DM's striker signings I would say that only Simon Church has been any good. Scored a few in his short time here and filled in while Rooney was injured. Christ knows where we would really be without Adam in our team over the past four years.

May started off great and I'm sure he'll be good after shaking these injuries off.
    Vernon wasn’t McInnes, it was McGoo.
    I meant a DM signing.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Vernon wasn’t McInnes, it was McGoo.
    I meant a DM signing.
    I liked Vernon but if he turned up on a building site you wouldn't have batted an eyelid.

I hope the Cosgrove rumour isn't true. It's no disrespect to him, I just don't think having a lofty striker works for us.

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarok View Post
    I thought the club was fairly ambitious in the summer. It would be puzzling to me more than anything else. The guy is unlikely to be a starter. We've had no shortage of squad fillers over the year who have added nothing. If you're not going to go out and sign someone with a track record then why wouldn't you promote a youth player?
    We don't have that type of striker since stockley left -hope we get rid of Maynard

we also need 2 centre midfielders & a left back plus a temp GK but suspect we will only get a GK today

Quote Originally Posted by GGMDONS View Post
    We don't have that type of striker since stockley left -hope we get rid of Maynard

we also need 2 centre midfielders & a left back plus a temp GK but suspect we will only get a GK today
    Then why did we offload Stockley who, on paper, is a better player than this guy we're supposedly trying to sign?

Then why did we offload Stockley who, on paper, is a better player than this guy we're supposedly trying to sign?
    I suspect because he was a marked man with refs,he scored some important goals for us

Because we got comparatively decent money for him.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    I heard it was the other way round with Cammy asking to go on loan to get more gametime.
    The fact he did not grasp his chance after injury at Utd, probably helped DM decide to release.
    Somehow, history has been rewritten as DM stopped Cammy from going out on loan. That's simply not true.

For several windows, both DM and CS felt that a loan move at a decent level a la Pawlett, Bebo Maguire would be a good idea. No suitable clubs wanted him. Simple as that.

I would suggest getting Stokes as he has now left Hibs. I know as a person he may be not what we like but as a footballer he can score goals. No point in signing dross from England for the sake of increasing the size of the squad. Get someone we know who could definitely do the business!

Page 43 of 53 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast