+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 18 of 53 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: The January transfer window

FTH, you thinking a Bisconti type? If so I’d agree; we’ve not had enough players like that in all the years I’ve followed the Dons.
    And he was a poor man’s Rico......

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Do you not think Shinnie has that presence?
    Box to box, presence, vision, strength etc
    Shinnie is the nippy, bite yer legs, box to box kinda guy. I'm specifically looking more for a Kari Arnesson from 2011-2012 kinda prescence; totemistic, physical, yet classy player.

Fcuk it, lets exhume Jim Bett, even if he is still alive.

As I said earlier, this goes back seasons, so it must be a flaw in Derek's setup, but we seem to have a massive hole in central midfield in a lot of games. O'Connor is certainly not the answer, he doesn't have the legs or vision to play in that role.

Scott Brown strolls through most games these days, at 32. Surely McInnes can source such a player for us, from the lower leagues in England, as he did with Jody Morris back in the day?
    Last edited by Feck_the_Huns; 01-01-2018 at 11:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post
    Shinnie is the nippy, bite yer legs, box to box kinda guy. I'm specifically looking more for a Kari Arnesson from 2011-2012 kinda prescence; totemistic, physical, yet classy player.

Fcuk it, lets exhume Jim Bett, even if he is still alive.

As I said earlier, this goes back seasons, so it must be a flaw in Derek's setup, but we seem to have a massive hole in central midfield in a lot of games. O'Connor is certainly not the answer, he doesn't have the legs or vision to play in that role.

Scott Brown strolls through most games these days, at 32. Surely McInnes can source such a player for us, from the lower leagues in England, as he did with Jody Morris back in the day?
    So an oild experienced Pro who can stroll through a game like he has a gear to spare ?

Barry Robson being our last version of that.

Good players like that don`t tend to arrive on a Fre transfer, or settle for the " miniscule " wages aberdeen pay ?

Not these days anyway . Way too much cash sloshing around in England for that to happen.

We hit it lucky with Robson. for assorted reasons. Although even then we all wished he was a couple of years younger ( when we couldn`t afford him )

Only chance of such a player is to develop one . But that takes time, and we need one now !

Or find some Eastern European who sees it as a step towards engerlunds promised land ?

Unless again , anybody can think of a previously brilliant Scots player who went south and is now languishing in the resrves down there ??

Quote Originally Posted by neilthedon View Post

Unless again , anybody can think of a previously brilliant Scots player who went south and is now languishing in the reserves down there ??
    Correct, and not our job to source said player, that's what Del employs Russ Richardson for.

Doesn't need to be a Jock either, we are a multi - racial employer

Correct, and not our job to source said player, that's what Del employs Russ Richardson for.

Del tends to buy British. The big hun.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Del tends to buy British. The big hun.

Or Irish. Bout time we took a chance signing one of the Irish guys direct instead of waiting till ICT have given them a run out ?!!

Russell Martin to Sevco on loan is doing the rounds.

No idea if there is any truth in it or total *******s.

Should see if we can steal the boy Mulumbu from Killie - cracking player. But suspect he's only up here cos he's mates with Steve Clarke - similar to why Morris ended up at the Farmers with McInnes.

Quote Originally Posted by actonsheep View Post
    Should see if we can steal the boy Mulumbu from Killie - cracking player. But suspect he's only up here cos he's mates with Steve Clarke - similar to why Morris ended up at the Farmers with McInnes.
    Don’t think you can play for 3 teams in one season?
    But he’d be a great addition.

To be honest I'd be happy for us to recoup a little bit of McLean's transfer fee in January. For me he is a player who flatters to deceive. He undoubtedly has ability but he's not the type of player to take the game by the scruff of the neck. Can anyone remember a game when he was a clear standout and was the difference in our team? It seems to be the case that when Aberdeen play well McLean plays well rather than the other way round.

Page 18 of 53 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast