+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: The January transfer window

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    I think he’ll end up at Hibs.
    I think you're right. He had a great few years here, felt the time was right to move on and although I'd take him back in a minute, I think he'll want a bit of a change - Hibs seem most likely. They're building a good team, and Lennon is a good manager.

I really can't think of any obvious targets as far as wide players, or central midfielders go. I think they are the key positions we need to strengthen. The only real wide players we've got are Wright and GMS and neither of them are getting a decent enough run in the team to build their confidence, which is ***** for wingers. The other players we're trying to play out wide from time to time don't really know what to do out there - Rooney, May, McLean, Christie, Ross, Stewart etc. With the exception of Rooney they'd all be able to do a job in a central position behind the main striker, but no use out wide. If we had a tough tackling energetic midfielder to replace Shinnie in the centre, i'd be tempted to stick him out wide left rather than some of these other guys as at least he knows how to get by a man and put in a cross.

We’re McGinn and Popcorn teeth in the same squad together in their Victim FC days?

Neil Lennon binned him did he not

Quote Originally Posted by Bridieeater View Post
    McGinn will get plenty of offers over the next few weeks. If he wants to come back and DM wants him back then he will come back. It will ultimately come down to the longest/best offer for McGinn and whether we would want to offer a 2 year contract? I suspect Hibs and Hearts would, i doubt we would. He couldn't fecking cross a bridge last season so i don't see how he's going to solve our current width issues.
    He got 14 goals and 12 assists for us last season.

We will be lucky if GMS,Stewart and Wright get 12 assists between them this season.None of them are going to score anywhere near 14 goals.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    He got 14 goals and 12 assists for us last season.

We will be lucky if GMS,Stewart and Wright get 12 assists between them this season.None of them are going to score anywhere near 14 goals.
    Totally agree.
    He may not be perfect but he’d walk in to that Dons X1 now.
    Rooney would also like to see him back (as would May) as 75% of Rooney’s goals were created by McGinn & Hayes.

I think McInnes will sign a centre half as he is clearly not satisfied with what we have. Someone very similar to Ash Taylor who wins nearly everything in the air ...hopefully somebody better on the ball.
    I think he will stick with Rooney and May as the main strikers in the squad but will add a wide player to create chances for them both.
    His wild card signing (a loan) will be a sitting midfielder...he likes these players to protect his defence.
    Me personally I would certainly go for a winger, a striker, another attacking midfielder and a centre half.
    A couple of players should certainly be moved on as they get very little game time and offer very little (Maynard and Ball).

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Totally agree.
    He may not be perfect but he’d walk in to that Dons X1 now.
    Rooney would also like to see him back (as would May) as 75% of Rooney’s goals were created by McGinn & Hayes.
    aye, lets just get mcginn back in. I'd be delighted

Quote Originally Posted by ILikeJam View Post
    And even if we did somehow sign him, he'd be standing next to Rooney or May wondering if the ball was ever going to come into the box.
    So, what you are saying is, Motherwell are better than Aberdeen as he scores regularly for them.

Quote Originally Posted by BorneoRed View Post
    So, what you are saying is, Motherwell are better than Aberdeen as he scores regularly for them.
    According to Scottish sun he is off to Preston ahead of huns and hubs.

Quote Originally Posted by BorneoRed View Post
    I think he is talking about the fact our wide players haven't put many crosses into the box this season,and when they finally do manage to cross the ball its a shyte cross.

From what I have seen of Moult he gets most of his goals from his team mates crossing the ball into the box, so yes he wouldnt score as many goals for us if he signed for us this season.

Page 4 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast