+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 42 of 53 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Thread: The January transfer window

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post
    I think tomorrow could be a busier than normal last day of the transfer window. Del was a bit cagey in todays Presser

We are being linked with Sam Cosgrove, tall Carlisle striker, which obviously would mean Maynard is away. Delboy loves a tall striker, with varying....sorry, zero degrees of success. Zola and bit Jayden. I thought maybe Connor McLennan could be given a shout, obviously not.

Still think Reynolds will be away.

Scott Wright, as mentioned above, linked with the Fairmers. Good move for the lad. I have my reservations if he can cut it at Pittodrie, but we'll see
    The lad from Carlisle seems to be a worse version of Stockley FFS!
    Might not mean the end of Maynard, maybe May’s injury is not healing?
    We need pace up front, not an immobile lamp post

Scott Wright needs games. A loan will be good for him hopefully.

Reynolds will be one of the better earners.
    If he goes we have 4 players that can cover centre half.

I think we’re weak at keeper, left back, centre mid & centre forward.

Not sure it will be as busy as you think FTH.
    DM is cagey but he said he “was happy with the numbers” & he doesn’t think “it will be too frantic”
    I expect a goalie in & Wright out on loan & that’ll be it.
    Last edited by RedStarTorphins; 30-01-2018 at 10:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    The lad from Carlisle seems to be a worse version of Stockley FFS!
    Might not mean the end of Maynard, maybe May’s injury is not healing?
    We need pace up front, not an immobile lamp post

Scott Wright needs games. A loan will be good for him hopefully.

Reynolds will be one of the better earners.
    If he goes we have 4 players that can cover centre half.

I think we’re weak at keeper, left back, centre mid & centre forward.

Not sure it will be as busy as you think FTH.
    DM is cagey but he said he “was happy with the numbers” & he doesn’t think “it will be too frantic”
    I expect a goalie in & Wright out on loan & that’ll be it.
    According to wikipedia cosgrove has played 28 games and scored the grand total of 1 goal while out on loan at the giants of english football like north ferriby utd,surely we arent interested in s#hit like this? If we are we can kiss goodbye to any designs on finishing above the huns,be better signing stuart cosgrove ffs

Quote Originally Posted by edgarprais View Post
    This is a myth. I know with 100% certainty that DM wanted Cammy to go out on loan long before he eventually went to the PJMs. Nobody suitable came in for him. Thistle, St J etc didn't fancy him.
    I heard it was the other way round with Cammy asking to go on loan to get more gametime.
    The fact he did not grasp his chance after injury at Utd, probably helped DM decide to release.

Quote Originally Posted by nice1simmy View Post
    According to wikipedia cosgrove has played 28 games and scored the grand total of 1 goal while out on loan at the giants of english football like north ferriby utd,surely we arent interested in s#hit like this? If we are we can kiss goodbye to any designs on finishing above the huns,be better signing stuart cosgrove ffs
    It’s saying something when he sounds like a poor mans Jayden Stockley.
    Says a lot about our level of ambition too.
    You seriously have to question WTF Russ Richardson sees in a player?!
    And DM’s eye for a striker is very poor too.
    Zola, Stockley, Maynard, Parker, Goodwillie, Shankland...

Zola and Stockley were cart horses but to be fair Maynard and Goodwillie were both very good players at one stage. They were worth a punt (leaving non-footballing considerations to one side).

Hopefully there's nothing in this Cosgrove rumour. Only 21 but his record and the level he has played at hardly suggests he's a world beater. In what way would a signing like this be better than promoting a youth player? Calvin Zola at least had a decent goal scoring record in the few seasons before he signed for us.

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarok View Post
    Zola and Stockley were cart horses but to be fair Maynard and Goodwillie were both very good players at one stage. They were worth a punt (leaving non-footballing considerations to one side).

Hopefully there's nothing in this Cosgrove rumour. Only 21 but his record and the level he has played at hardly suggests he's a world beater. In what way would a signing like this be better than promoting a youth player? Calvin Zola at least had a decent goal scoring record in the few seasons before he signed for us.
    A Carlisle fan on Twitter:
    Hopefully link works...

https://twitter.com/leerooney/status/958455344665190400

Bottom line is it shows the level of ambition the club has.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Bottom line is it shows the level of ambition the club has.
    I thought the club was fairly ambitious in the summer. It would be puzzling to me more than anything else. The guy is unlikely to be a starter. We've had no shortage of squad fillers over the year who have added nothing. If you're not going to go out and sign someone with a track record then why wouldn't you promote a youth player?

This had better be FAKE NEWS
    WTF

I thought the club was fairly ambitious in the summer. It would be puzzling to me more than anything else. The guy is unlikely to be a starter. We've had no shortage of squad fillers over the year who have added nothing. If you're not going to go out and sign someone with a track record then why wouldn't you promote a youth player?
    Can only assume that if it’s true, it’s a Russ Richardson shout?

We’ve had some real dross up front/on the bench in DM’s time.
    Rooney apart, no striker has done well or looked good.
    Am I forgetting an obvious one?

Page 42 of 53 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast