+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 38 of 53 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Thread: The January transfer window

It's not like Rogers was dropped though, he played every week at Falkirk for almost two season until he was injured in March, the guy who came in was playing well so they stuck with him for the last few games.

More than likely a goalkeeper will be brought in to compete for the starting slot due to the injury that Joe Lewis now has. Danny Ward anyone? (Danny Rogers in all seriousness deserves a chance as first choice)
    Reynolds I reckon is going elsewhere this window as he is not wanting to be sitting on our bench at best rotting away. Maybe loaned out to free wages to pay for another loan coming our way which will more than likely be a goalkeeper. If McInnes is wanting another player on top of that then I assume that the likes of Maynard might need to be moved on to free up further wages.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    More than likely a goalkeeper will be brought in to compete for the starting slot due to the injury that Joe Lewis now has. Danny Ward anyone? (Danny Rogers in all seriousness deserves a chance as first choice)
    Reynolds I reckon is going elsewhere this window as he is not wanting to be sitting on our bench at best rotting away. Maybe loaned out to free wages to pay for another loan coming our way which will more than likely be a goalkeeper. If McInnes is wanting another player on top of that then I assume that the likes of Maynard might need to be moved on to free up further wages.
    Two names I’ll throw in for keepers;
    Freddie Woodman (on loan at Killie last year)
    Michael McGovern (ex Accies, not getting a game at Norwich). Norwich looking to bring in another keeper allegedly.

I'd suggest it would be very harsh on Rogers unless the "loan keeper" is coming in as back up!
    Last edited by 87kilos; 28-01-2018 at 09:28 PM.

Just get some old boy, someone like Budgie as back up.

I'm more than willing to give the lad a chance but when I saw him flap at the corner after pulling off his best save of the day the dreaded phrase " he's a good shot stopper" entered my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Just get some old boy, someone like Budgie as back up.

I'm more than willing to give the lad a chance but when I saw him flap at the corner after pulling off his best save of the day the dreaded phrase " he's a good shot stopper" entered my mind.
    Aye, that’s my opinion on Rogers too.
    He’s not physically imposing like big Joe is.
    Danny Rogers isn’t even in the top 3 in height of the team that played Sat.
    He struggled to get to a couple of crosses.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Two names I’ll throw in for keepers;
    Freddie Woodman (on loan at Killie last year)
    Michael McGovern (ex Accies, not getting a game at Norwich). Norwich looking to bring in another keeper allegedly.
    Here you go....

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/...mpression=true

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeScum2012 View Post
    Rogers fully deserves a spell in goal. He's bided his time on the bench as No 2 so now should be allowed to show what he can do. Lewis is good but has his faults so let's give the loon a fair shot.
    Its not so much about giving Rogers a chance, its about what would happen if Rogers gets injured too, we'd be left with a 19 year old and a 16 year old on the bench. We need another keeper with some experience and its pretty unlikely we'll be able to loan someone who'd be willing to come in as backup and also be of a good enough standard.

Quote Originally Posted by actonsheep View Post
    Its not so much about giving Rogers a chance, its about what would happen if Rogers gets injured too, we'd be left with a 19 year old and a 16 year old on the bench. We need another keeper with some experience and its pretty unlikely we'll be able to loan someone who'd be willing to come in as backup and also be of a good enough standard.
    Its risk management I'd say.
    Stick with Rogers and Craddock.
    If Rogers gets injured then we apply for an emergency loan.

Otherwise, Lewis is back in 4-8 weeks, no need to panic

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post

"Transfer news live as Rangers and Celtic plus the rest of the Premiership clubs target January signings"

Last edited by ILikeJam; 29-01-2018 at 04:41 PM. Reason: wiping nob on curtains

Page 38 of 53 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast