+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 49 of 53 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast

Thread: The January transfer window

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Since Rogers has started the last 2 matches we have scored 7 goals and conceded 3. We have won both games. If we continue with him in goals it will boost his confidence more if the team keeps winning. He will learn more by playing in this team and will become far better for it.
    For those quick to want him out the team...Joe Lewis has let in goals this season that should never have been conceded. His performance against Motherwell in the league cup was shambolic. Were you wanting him dropped after the mistakes he made?
    That's probably the most positive post I've read from you!!!!

Well done!

I can only assume we tried to pay up Maynard's contract (or partially pay it up, as seem to be the way) but failed to come to an agreement with the lad.

Because, even without May at the moment, he won't even make our bench

Bench will be;-

Rogers/Woodman
    AoC/Arnie
    Reynolds
    Ball
    Wright
    Chiddie
    Cosgrove

And I wonder if the same applies to Reynolds?

Regarding Woodman coming straight into tbe side on saturday? We'll, Rogers wasn't helped by some poor defending in front of him last night, but he didn't cover himself in glory either.

The Geordie goalie isn't being allowed by his club to swap the Geordie bench for the Aberdeen bench, so he'll be in goals at the weekend.

Tough on Danny? Yeah, a bit, but this is football, sentiment doesn't come into it
    Last edited by Feck_the_Huns; 01-02-2018 at 09:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post

The Geordie goalie isn't being allowed by his club to swap the Geordie bench for the Aberdeen bench, so he'll be in goals at the weekend.

Tough on Danny? Yeah, a bit, but this is football, sentiment doesn't come into it
    So DM has signed a keeper where he can be dictacted by the parent club. Well hes a bigger fud than i had him down for

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    So DM has signed a keeper where he can be dictacted by the parent club. Well hes a bigger fud than i had him down for
    When we play celtic, we’ll have 3 managers picking our side

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Since Rogers has started the last 2 matches we have scored 7 goals and conceded 3. We have won both games. If we continue with him in goals it will boost his confidence more if the team keeps winning. He will learn more by playing in this team and will become far better for it.
    For those quick to want him out the team...Joe Lewis has let in goals this season that should never have been conceded. His performance against Motherwell in the league cup was shambolic. Were you wanting him dropped after the mistakes he made?
    If the new boy is better than Rogers, then he should start. Simple as.

Mciness has seen Rogers day on day out in training and appears to of decided that he is a decent back up and no more than that.

If Rogers goes at the end of the season so be it, we can get a replacement back up keeper.

I would also add of all the players that Mciness has allowed to leave, not one of them has gone to better things than us.

You've just accepted pure speculation, speculation I might add is based on nothing. I would doubt any loan agreement insists in the player playing. If that was the case, every club would want the same stipulation and we would have all loans playing each game, doesn't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Stavrum View Post
    You've just accepted pure speculation, speculation I might add is based on nothing. I would doubt any loan agreement insists in the player playing. If that was the case, every club would want the same stipulation and we would have all loans playing each game, doesn't happen.
    Ok lets see the Hamilton line up and ill hold my judgement. See you Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by Stavrum View Post

I would also add of all the players that Mciness has allowed to leave, not one of them has gone to better things than us.
    Possibly because they hit a brick wall at a crucial stage of their development. If Eoin Jess was around under DM, he would’ve got 30mins when he was 15, 3 years of U20 Football, loaned out to Peterhead for a season, brought back for 5 sub appearances, loaned out to Brechin City & came back to find we’ve loaned some player from Bolton instead.

Joe Shocknessy might not have went onto a better club but he’d walk into our team

Dinna be a d1ck, min, you ken how these things work

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Possibly because they hit a brick wall at a crucial stage of their development. If Eoin Jess was around under DM, he would’ve got 30mins when he was 15, 3 years of U20 Football, loaned out to Peterhead for a season, brought back for 5 sub appearances, loaned out to Brechin City & came back to find we’ve loaned some player from Bolton instead.

Joe Shocknessy might not have went onto a better club but he’d walk into our team
    Utter speculation, you can't compare Jess to Cammy Smith and others.

As for Shocknessy (apt name) who in our starting 11 does he get in front of? Aranason (played at Euros / going to a world Cup), McKenna (the next big thing apparently), or Logan (best right back in Scotland the last few years)? Can't play left back I don't think either?

Page 49 of 53 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast