+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 41 of 53 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Thread: The January transfer window

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Nice confidence boost for Danny
    To be fair he said this;

"It’s still ongoing trying to bring in a keeper, Danny did well on Saturday but we have two youngsters as back up with Joe out for the next couple of months.

He used the term "back up" so it's not necessarily a "replacement" for Danny Rogers.

We do need a 2nd relatively experienced keeper as the two that are back up to Danny Rogers are two untried ****agers, one of which is 16.

Absolutely makes sense to get in another experienced keeper.

You can just imagine the hammering DM would get on here if we were going in to a game against celtic with Rogers injured and only 2 rookie keepers available. Let's face it, Rogers could also be classed a rookie.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Nice confidence boost for Danny
    Let`s get Danny Ward back. And use him as back-up for Rodgers !!

No pressure mate !!

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    Scotty Wright heading to Perth to the Fairmers , on loan for the rest of the season .........
    Thats interesting...........Ross and Wright on loan would make room for another attacking midfielder.

Quote Originally Posted by neilthedon View Post
    Let`s get Danny Ward back. And use him as back-up for Rodgers !!

No pressure mate !!
    Heard that celtic were interested in Ward.

I think Wright's a bit lightweight just now, powderpuff even, and it was particularly evident in the rangers game.

Not sure he'd be suited to a saints team who are not known for silky fitba, but it might toughen him up a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Red_Don View Post
    I think Wright's a bit lightweight just now, powderpuff even, and it was particularly evident in the rangers game.

Not sure he'd be suited to a saints team who are not known for silky fitba, but it might toughen him up a bit.
    It's a move that worked quite well for Pawlett. Hopefully Scott will get some decent game time and toughen up.

Quote Originally Posted by OneBrianIrvine View Post
    Maybe DM learned from not letting Cammy go out?
    This is a myth. I know with 100% certainty that DM wanted Cammy to go out on loan long before he eventually went to the PJMs. Nobody suitable came in for him. Thistle, St J etc didn't fancy him.

I think Wright and Ross would benefit from regular game time, which they're not going to get if they stay here. If they get a run of games in the second half of the season it will stand them in better stead for next year. I think they are both exciting prospects - very good technically and good to watch, but a lot of our games end up being a slog and it's the physicality and game management side of things the guys need to improve on if they're going to become fixtures in the team in the future. That'll only come with regular games, and not through the odd 5-10 mins here and there. I think St Johnstone would be a good place for Wright to go - they are crying out for a creative player now O'Halloran has gone and they've lost Swanson. He could fill the void and probably do pretty well there.

I think tomorrow could be a busier than normal last day of the transfer window. Del was a bit cagey in todays Presser

We are being linked with Sam Cosgrove, tall Carlisle striker, which obviously would mean Maynard is away. Delboy loves a tall striker, with varying....sorry, zero degrees of success. Zola and bit Jayden. I thought maybe Connor McLennan could be given a shout, obviously not.

Still think Reynolds will be away.

Scott Wright, as mentioned above, linked with the Fairmers. Good move for the lad. I have my reservations if he can cut it at Pittodrie, but we'll see
    Last edited by Feck_the_Huns; 30-01-2018 at 08:27 PM.

Page 41 of 53 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast