+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 53 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: The January transfer window

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Exactly. We have effectively priced ourselves out of affording him. The joys of developing someone elses player.
    Were you crying like a baby over Michael Hector and Danny Ward too? Aberdeen need to take players on loan to supplement what they can't afford to buy.

Not too difficult to understand. Some work out, some don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post
    Would settle for that
    I’ve heard on the radio tonight that Hibs are favourites for Niall McGinn.
    Have I missed something?

Quote Originally Posted by 87kilos View Post
    Were you crying like a baby over Michael Hector and Danny Ward too? Aberdeen need to take players on loan to supplement what they can't afford to buy.

Not too difficult to understand. Some work out, some don't.
    The are different, they were from guffball, nae from a team in our league. Inter league loans should be banned in my eyes.Always said that

Hea our best player aye i agree. But hes nae ours and he cant play v them. We have to adopt a new formation/personell change to play them yet he can play v everyone else. Dint see how thats beneficial to us.

We are nuturing a rivals player

Ban it
    Last edited by Pacman1903; 14-12-2017 at 08:32 PM.

Too add, we aim to step up a level, gain on the pigs/win a cup. Chances are we would have to beat Celtic without our best player to win the Scottish. Great that. Its a lazy loan as we have no scouts. We could have found an equally as good player elsewhere if we bothered to look. But we dont. .

Nothing against Christie at all. Just the whole set up of it annoys me
    Last edited by Pacman1903; 14-12-2017 at 08:51 PM.

It’s also a disadvantage to the other teams in the league. Only one of them gets to face us without ‘our’ best player.

Everything about this loan is wrong, despite it working fairly well for us

Edit - as Pacman was saying further up & I should’ve read it properly but I’m half asleep because no other f*cker can be @rsed working this close to Xmas. Sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    It’s also a disadvantage to the other teams in the league. Only one of them gets to face us without ‘our’ best player.

Everything about this loan is wrong, despite it working fairly well for us

Edit - as Pacman was saying further up & I should’ve read it properly but I’m half asleep because no other f*cker can be @rsed working this close to Xmas. Sorry
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Look at how we've regressed this season.
    Yet we are 8 points better off than this time last season ( I think)
    Just saying like, RST.

Quote Originally Posted by BorneoRed View Post
    Yet we are 8 points better off than this time last season ( I think)
    Just saying like, RST.
    True - fair point
    But the old Ebbe Skovdahl quote about stats comes to mind.
    There’s no doubt in my mind we’re not as good as we were last year.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Not sure if its going to be as much as that.

No chance Considine is going anywhere he is here to stay,I would say there is a good chance O'Connor will sign a new deal and Arnason might stay on for another season.

Ball,Storie and Maynard will be off but wont be hard to replace, Stewart has looked ok the last few games but we can do better.

Christie will be hard to replace and depending on who you talk to McLean wont be.

So really from that list we will only need to replace two first team players and 3 or 4 bench warmers.
    My point was this should be an opportunity to improve and have a squad of 2 players per position we can actually use instead of having bodies in to make up numbers. Ideally we would have 3 or 4 ready replacements in our youth team and could offer better wages to those we had to bring in.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    True - fair point
    But the old Ebbe Skovdahl quote about stats comes to mind.
    There’s no doubt in my mind we’re not as good as we were last year.
    I love the way people use that quote from the man who also said getting beat 2-0 at Parkhead was a good result.

If you can be bothered to look back at posts from last year there was plenty of people saying the same thing. It was around about this time we got beat at Ibrox and then lost at Ross County, it wasn't until the Christmas period when we beat Motherwell away and Hearts away that we started playing well.

Perhaps like last season we will be playing a lot better in the second half of the season.

Page 8 of 53 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast