+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 26 of 53 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: The January transfer window

I was pretty close to that incident and can still see his sneering hun face.

Can't believe that folk would have accepted him coming to play for us.

Definitely a good fit at Tynecastle.

That was my youngest sons first ever game.

He's hated Huns ever since.

Reports that Neil Lennon is trying to offload Anthony Stokes during this transfer window. Scores goals so Stokes must be annoying Lennon in other ways. How about we do a swap deal with Nicky Maynard?...May suit both parties.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Reports that Neil Lennon is trying to offload Anthony Stokes during this transfer window. Scores goals so Stokes must be annoying Lennon in other ways. How about we do a swap deal with Nicky Maynard?...May suit both parties.
    There is some players that I personally would never like to see at Afc no matter what their talent. He is one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    There is some players that I personally would never like to see at Afc no matter what their talent. He is one of them.
    Here here

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    1) Neil Lennon isn’t stupid & wouldn’t think about Nicky Maynard.
    2) Stokes is a trouble making a*sehole with questionable morals & a honking attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    1) Neil Lennon isn’t stupid & wouldn’t think about Nicky Maynard.
    2) Stokes is a trouble making a*sehole with questionable morals & a honking attitude.
    Correct on both points. Who on earth would want to take a striker who never scores in place of a striker who's got a very good goalscoring record in Scotland?

The second point is a pity though, as I've always thought Stokes is the kind of striker we need and who would do very well for us. But as above... talent isn't everything.

If a bid in the region speculated is forthcoming for McLean, the board would garner absolute trust with each penny being offered to Hamilton to draft in Ibrox bench-bound Docherty. He's exactly what we need and if handled a tad better than his replacement, guaranteed will offer a sizeable profit three years down the line whilst his central midfield pairing with Shinnie would cover some of the defensive fragility and allow the welcome flair to flourish.

Come on Stewarty min - prove that the zombie apocalypse has no bite.
    Last edited by vinnydesalvo; 21-01-2018 at 12:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vinnydesalvo View Post
    If a bid in the region speculated is forthcoming for McLean, the board would garner absolute trust with each penny being offered to Hamilton to draft in Ibrox bench-bound Docherty. He's exactly what we need and if handled a tad better than his replacement, guaranteed will offer a sizeable profit three years down the line whilst his central midfield pairing with Shinnie would cover some of the defensive fragility and allow the welcome flair to flourish.

Come on Stewarty min - prove that the zombie apocalypse has no bite.
    I may be in the minority here but I've not seen much of Docherty that excites me. He's a tidy player but that's all I can say about him. Appreciate I have only seen him a few times so don't have an informed opinion.

I prefer the look of the lad at Hibs, McGeoch.

(From what I've seen!)

McLean off to Norwich tonight.
    He’ll sign deal for a move in summer.
    He gets loaned back to us & we get £200k fee.
    £12k per week
    What a move for him
    Last edited by RedStarTorphins; 21-01-2018 at 07:46 PM.

Page 26 of 53 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast