+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Pardew out!

Quote Originally Posted by Whicka_Mon View Post
    Yes it is big inflation but it is a fact. Look at what lesser centrehalves have gone for this summer. Phillips and Livermore are not worth what we payed for them. In 18 months Phillips has played well for a month Livermore has done nothing.
    The football is still garbage because believe it or not the players are still rubbish. He is trying to polish a turd.
    Pardew has inherited a team that has won three times since March. A centre forward that has scored three goals in a calender year, one that was released from a championship club that no one wanted and Southampton's fourth choice forward.
    Your Pulis has never been relegated comment. You only need the "The best man to keep us up is Pulis " comment and you've covered all the cliches
    You won't judge Pardew til 10 games??? Look at the thread title and look who started it.

The thread title was a joke - mostly because many were on the back of Pulis when we were near the top of the league! Pardew had better start making a huge improvement from Saturday as knowing the patience of West Brom supporters, he will get it in the neck sooner rather than later.

Don't get me wrong - Pulis was right to go but we have some decent players and with someone who can put the ball in the net, then Pardew could milk some of the good work Pulis did, and put right the boring displays. Chris Woods and Roofe seem to be knocking them in and makes you think how much better they are than Rondon or Robson-Kanu!

Not a lot wrong in my opinion apart from a goal scorer, and did want Defoe who is quality at putting the ball in the net compared to Rondon. Why have Sunderland struggled even more - because they lost their two best quality players - Pickford and Defoe! Makes you cry that we would not entertain the wages for Defoe, yet we forked out big time for the wages of the Pole, and yes I blame Pulis for this one!!!

It seems strange to read you putting Pulis down, Al. Only a few months ago you were laughing at anyone who suggested replacing him, coming out with this "Never been relegated" mantra. But it obviously wasn't just the results we were ashamed of (3 wins in 30 matches, or whatever) - it was the pisspoor football.
    Even if that antifootball won us the League I'd be embarrassed to be a fan. Imagine that.

Well I'm still positive. We've got a new Manager with some attacking intent (and no I don't expect Barcelona only one poster on here seems to think the likes of me do.) Our expensive signings have either been injured or imo opinion played out of position by our previous manager or just downright ignored. Also the Palace performance was one of the more enjoyable ones of the last couple of dozen I have witnessed. So am I worried; yes I am. Do I think there's hope; yes I do.

And remember

THERE CAN BE NO TRUE DESPAIR WITHOUT HOPE.

So come on you Baggies.

Quote Originally Posted by talkSAFT View Post
    It seems strange to read you putting Pulis down, Al. Only a few months ago you were laughing at anyone who suggested replacing him, coming out with this "Never been relegated" mantra. But it obviously wasn't just the results we were ashamed of (3 wins in 30 matches, or whatever) - it was the pisspoor football.
    Even if that antifootball won us the League I'd be embarrassed to be a fan. Imagine that.

Not really - business is about making profit or in the context of the premier league - getting points and Pulis did get the points until the wobble at the end of the season. When an employee ceases to make you a profit or in the case of the premier league to get points on the table - you get rid! No sentiments just harsh reality.

Pity we could not have gone for someone like Dyce but do you really think he would have come to us. My concern is yes we were right to get rid of Pulis but still think he would have kept us up and turned it around but we have gone for two individuals which Newcastle and Palace fans think are clowns.

Time will tell but we need a goal scorer fast and this was the biggest mistake Pulis made. Think about it logically - The Pole or Defoe? Wages must be similar and tell me who you would rather had? Do you think Rondon would have scored the two goals that Defoe got last week?

Quote Originally Posted by goodlordmurphy View Post
    Firstly let me remind you for the few games they were in charge of West Brom. Pearson and Shakespeare were unbeaten. It's not about whether we like them or not it's what they can possibly achieve. The Pearson/Shakespeare combo did good things at Hull and then at Leicester setting them up to become Premieship winners. Pearson's dismissal from Leicester was mainly down to his son letting him down badly in an off field situation...The people who employed him at Leicester are still his employers at OH Leuven in the Belgian second division his employers own both clubs...they had this to say about Pearson:- Aiyawatt Srivaddhanaprabha, chief executive of King Power International, said: "Nigel is an incredibly good manager with a wealth of knowledge, good people skills and a strong winner's mentality. He will put OHL on track for the next few years." Enough said about Nigel and Craig.

On the subject of blaming Pardew you comments are a bit ambiguous to say the least...you did say "it's time to blame Pardew now"...I didn't say you actually blamed Pardew...but you are advocating that we do so now. TP had no excuses about players they were the players that he bought.
    You say that Pardew is going to have the same problem....Isn't that what I was inferring in the first place...it will take time to unravel the Pulis mess. It's not swipe at Pulis because as you say he has gone now but we still have the legacy he left behind. The one saving grace is that Pardew does have a little time to establish what sort of player he going to need to best fit in with what he has...it will probably two or three windows to arrive at his own team.

As for sitting back on a 2-0 lead...I agree with you entirely, but it seems all prem managers get their teams to do it.
    We all want the best for West Brom, but just watch some of Pearsons interviews on you tube, there's definitely something wrong with him, he did perform well for Leicester but with the bunch we have now?...different ball game. The Pardew comment is as simple as a comment can get. We can only blame Pardew for what happens from now on. Its that simple. I personally dont blame him for anything right now, he's more than likely busting a gut to get some kind of reaction. I think he knows already though that we have no teeth. more bad results and he will be treated like Pulis was by the fans or any other none results manager.

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    We all want the best for West Brom, but just watch some of Pearsons interviews on you tube, there's definitely something wrong with him, he did perform well for Leicester but with the bunch we have now?...different ball game. The Pardew comment is as simple as a comment can get. We can only blame Pardew for what happens from now on. Its that simple. I personally dont blame him for anything right now, he's more than likely busting a gut to get some kind of reaction. I think he knows already though that we have no teeth. more bad results and he will be treated like Pulis was by the fans or any other none results manager.

Good points! Yes it's the Pardew and Carver show now and all done to them. I will say though, I was shocked at the woeful performance on Saturday as the players at least looked up for it with Megson in those two games!

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Good points! Yes it's the Pardew and Carver show now and all done to them. I will say though, I was shocked at the woeful performance on Saturday as the players at least looked up for it with Megson in those two games!
    The thing that worries me is when you get interviews from players saying "We will turn it around" ....but come the match it looks like they arent trying to turn it round. Maybe now we are in the relegation Zone thanks to Crystal Palace picking up now the players will respond....but responding with no idea what to do in front of goal wont help us much I'm afraid. We have a solid platform at the back....thats all. Nothing else.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)