+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Blackpool Post Match Thoughts

Agreed Jock. I've even watched Casualty instead lately because the footy programme has been depressing me so much.

Side at last Warney was progressive. Only Wood you would call at winter of his career. Took my advice & played Emmanuel in place of Cummings. I haven't been or seen the goals but go on what people say who've been. If JCH didn't take his chance & Yates did well keep him in the side next week. Same side next week near enough. How did Vaulks play anyone who went honest. I have faith in him.

Great result today, but TS still needs to strengthen the squad in January. We've just got to hope that David Ball's injury/illness jinx is now over, and he can get a decent run of games to show the Millers fans what he can do. We still need another forward to play up front with him though.

Ifollow Comms made me chuckle today. It was by two Blackpool fans and main commentator said. Our friends at radio Sheffield were saying Emmanuel has been a star all season and on course for player of the season. Hehe

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    Great result today, but TS still needs to strengthen the squad in January. We've just got to hope that David Ball's injury/illness jinx is now over, and he can get a decent run of games to show the Millers fans what he can do. We still need another forward to play up front with him though.

Why not stick with Yates?

Didn't go but sounded like we played with pride especially 2nd half, hope this is a turning point now and we start putting some wins together especially with 2 homes coming up. Massive result that!

A win is a win but it sounds like a game when our formation was forced on Warne rather than a selection by him.

But it was a win without Moore, a player whose transfer price has dropped in the last month or so, he’s not looking that important now is he?

And a win without Frecklington our part time player.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    A win is a win but it sounds like a game when our formation was forced on Warne rather than a selection by him.

But it was a win without Moore, a player whose transfer price has dropped in the last month or so, he’s not looking that important now is he?

And a win without Frecklington our part time player.
    Must hurt, having to act pleased your team's won a game away from home eh!

I should start watching games (on i-Follow) from the middle of the second half more often; we were 0-1 down and beginning to press when I switched on...

What I saw was a battling display with most players trying hard and relentlessly harrying the Blackpool midfield when they tried to create something. Once we were two up I felt we still looked confident and our defence seemed determined not to let anybody near our goal. Credit also to Rodak for some good punched clearances. Not sure who - Ajayai think- was fairly imperious in the air in winning their long balls forward.

Clearly from other comments it wasn't all like this - and Blackpool technically were not strong (their last twenty minutes defensively could have been us on any one of several afternoons in the past few weeks...) - but I was encouraged that we had the confidence and gonads to see this through. It will help everybody in the coming weeks.

It's interesting that it took a match without Moore to produce a positive result. All credit to him generally but it does show that our one dimensional route to goal had been well and truly sussed. The change of personnel made it harder for Blackpool to predict how to set up against us. When we made our substitutions that lack of a predictable formation gave us the advantage we needed.

Interesting to listen to Ronnie Moore on Radio Deedah, echoing many of the comments raised on here. Keeper not catching the ball, poor set piece delivery, haphazard defending and how easy it is to see why we concede so many goals.

Hopefully we’ve turned the corner.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast