+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hecky Out...

no no dont sack him

im sick of this sack em after a run of losing games.

what we shud do is go groveling to tommo and offer him is job back we have been crap since he got sack.

Hecky OUT & Jim Iley IN, yes things really are that desperate and I never knew who Iley was/is.
    If theres one thing I always stick by its that I will appreciate us going down as long as its with a fight and with some effort etc. Theres not much of that on show at the moment though and its pitiful seeing this team just turn up and go through the motions so poorly. Ok the stats say that we more than matched Direby today in possession, shots, shots on target, & corners, but as we all know stats can tell big lies about what really happened in a match.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Hecky OUT & Jim Iley IN, yes things really are that desperate and I never knew who Iley was/is.
    If theres one thing I always stick by its that I will appreciate us going down as long as its with a fight and with some effort etc. Theres not much of that on show at the moment though and its pitiful seeing this team just turn up and go through the motions so poorly. Ok the stats say that we more than matched Direby today in possession, shots, shots on target, & corners, but as we all know stats can tell big lies about what really happened in a match.
    I don’t think they were just going through the motions, they were trying but just weren’t good enough

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    I don’t think they were just going through the motions, they were trying but just weren’t good enough
    Well thats the frustrating thing Esr, I think we all feared a struggle in the summer didnt we when this list of players who most of us had never heard of joined us. It brought back memories of when Hill & Flicker tried to do a Champship job with Lg Two players who were blatantly not good enough. And sadly those comparisons with todays squad are still relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by bankendbfc View Post
    Am remembering the good times, cos at the moment, we couldn't beat no one. Too fragile in too many areas, not sure about binnin hecky, he ain't responsible for players leavin and the transfer policy etc. We need to sort it out, no craft, no gettin a foot in, aimless , naive. All the things you could argue you might expect from a group of young uns makin big steps up. They are a mile off. Relegation is more than a possibility now. Need to score to win a game, where we used to subsidise our defensive shortcomings by poppin 3 in regular, we now don't have that either. Powder puff.
    My thoughts exactly. I don't think there's any lack of effort but it was boys against men yesterday and we're just not good enough at this level. Not Hecky's fault he's proven himself for me - but you can only p!ss wit cock you've got. Bloke at side o me predicted 2-0 and we'd start to stop the rot, I said we weren't scoring today and if they got into gear we'd get mullered. Wish I could predict lottery numbers as accurately. PC is on his last season and wanted his money back out, fair enough for me, no news still on the takeover to lift the spirits. Lets be honest we expected a relegation battle when our team was sold out from under the bloke who'd gelled it together, back to abusing our Keef on the touchline and singing town full o gypos to the donny fans next season. Unless Mr Lee comes in next week wi a big bag o dingo dollars - Crap innit.

The plan worked fine when we were in L1, but now that we've moved up a division the plan needs to keep pace. You can't expect to worry established Championship (and ex-Prem) clubs with a squad full of young lads.

Potts - played 103 games at Carlisle (L2), then 87 games at Blackpool (half in L1, half in L2)
    Moncur - played 86 games at Colchester (L1), previous loan spell at AFC Wimbledon (20 games in L2)
    Williams - on loan from Everton, but not played any senior games before he came here
    Gardner - on loan from Villa, played 42 games for them, plus 38 at various loan clubs - Forest/Brighton/Wednesday/Coventry
    Barnes - on loan from Leicester, played 21 games on loan to MK Dons

I stopped looking after that, cos it's just depressing. These kids are trying hard, but they just don't have the experience yet to make enough of an impact at this level. They need older players around them as part of their development. It's unfair to play them all in the same team, who are they gonna learn from?

But at least I can now understand why Potts gets picked week in, week out. With almost 200 competitive games under his belt before he came to us, he's practically an old pro compared to the rest of the midfielders.

We need to up our game, recruitment wise. If we don't do this in January, it'll be back to L1.

Could someone list me a goalkeeper, centre half, central midfielder and an experienced centre forward with 7/8 goals and 15 assists in him that would take 7k a week please?

Tha'll only gerrem on loan this time a year (Jan) where the loaning club will pay a percentage of the wages and the player needs match time or is recovering match fitness from an injury. Unless, of course, Santa Claus Lee comes darn the Oakwell chimney and leaves several million of his own brass to spend. Look in the sky ovva Kendray for his arrival Christmas morning.

You can't blame Hecky lads doing his best, the people at the top you have to blame for not offering our best players a championship wage and longer contracts that's why they keep leaving us, hope fully this will stop under new owners.

Quote Originally Posted by upthecolliers View Post
    You can't blame Hecky lads doing his best, the people at the top you have to blame for not offering our best players a championship wage and longer contracts that's why they keep leaving us, hope fully this will stop under new owners.
    And I think therein lies the problem Colliers, we must have a few million in the bank after our selling spree this summer, but once we've spent it on transfer fees how do we pay the wage bill ?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123