+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Whatever happened to Grantham Pie?

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    Talking of MIA where’s Tarquin?
    22nd of December I think he will be back. I for one won't be welcoming him back now me and Elite Pie ( yes, capitals ! ) are buds .Sure you missed a comma there Keldsyke .
    Last edited by navypie; 10-12-2017 at 04:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Keep it up - in the hope of more information
    I dropped him a private message, not sure if he'll see it or respond but fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    I dropped him a private message, not sure if he'll see it or respond but fingers crossed.
    Well done Swale, getting the thread back on track. It seems Grantham's last post was on October 24th.

I'm still in touch with the lovely Grantham via FB. There was some particularly unpleasant stuff on here towards him, so maybe he wont be posting on here anymore, I dont know.

As to why people are banned, from my POV its usually for personal abuse (eg that chap who pretended to be living in Russia) or more frequently, racism.

This forum needs a decent editor to get hold of it and return it to being a - mostly - reasonable football forum as opposed to being mostly political navel gazing

Well said Cher. Real shame about Grantham though.

Quote Originally Posted by cher1 View Post
    I'm still in touch with the lovely Grantham via FB. There was some particularly unpleasant stuff on here towards him, so maybe he wont be posting on here anymore, I dont know.

As to why people are banned, from my POV its usually for personal abuse (eg that chap who pretended to be living in Russia) or more frequently, racism.

This forum needs a decent editor to get hold of it and return it to being a - mostly - reasonable football forum as opposed to being mostly political navel gazing
    Bring back the AOB board and separate the political threads?

The pretend Russian should have gone a long time ago, I really dont understand why people become so personal. Usually you can see who’s going to get banned months in advance, there has been some particularly nasty abuse towards certain people recently and usually it’s all in the political threads.

For me there are too many of these threads and they need their own separate board ( or snake pit!! )

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    The pretend Russian should have gone a long time ago, I really dont understand why people become so personal. Usually you can see who’s going to get banned months in advance, there has been some particularly nasty abuse towards certain people recently and usually it’s all in the political threads.

For me there are too many of these threads and they need their own separate board ( or snake pit!! )
    Or just have a Sid only board

Cher, you're a lovely lady and I agree with 99% of your posts but not this one. Sometimes football and politics are inseparable. I think you are defining 'politics' too narrowly.
    The political freds go toxic because posters can't control their language (and thoughts) NOT because of anything inherent to politics.
    There is often a period of days when no one starts a footy fred on here and a bit of a political dust-up keeps it alive.
    As long as we live by the OT rule, I see nothing wrong in posting about politics. What amazes me is the number of posters who, despite saying they hate politics freds, still take the trouble to intercept and comment on them.
    I hate F1 so if I say a fred on here about F1, I simply move on. I don't demand its fans get sent to Siberia or find their own board.
    And btw, Swale, thanks for trying to give Grantham a 'tickle'.

Wait, Vlad didn’t live in Russia?? He lied to us?? What about being a wildlife photographer, that bit was true wasn’t it?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast