+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Whatever happened to Grantham Pie?

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    I once suggested to him that he’d never been to Russia in his life and that he probably lived in a 2 bedroom flat in Bulwell with his mum. Guessing I wasn’t far off.

As I was just saying to my Thai wife Bernard as she was trimming her beard, you never know who you’re talking to online.
    Just picked up on this thread.

I can't credit that an 'adult' would go to such lengths to pretend they were Russian. Boy was he plausible and decidedly weird, with serious anger-management issues.

Incidentally, was it Vladpie, or The Man From Mexico, who hoped you would be caught and gutted for your political opinions?

P.S. A disclaimer: I'm not Russian and I don't live in Russia.
    Last edited by pravda_plc; 13-12-2017 at 06:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    he probably lived in a 2 bedroom flat in Bulwell with his mum.
    Yes, once saw him ice-fishing on the River Leen just behind Bulwellograd Rinok.

Quote Originally Posted by pravda_plc View Post

I can't credit that an 'adult' would go to such lengths to pretend they were Russian. Boy was he plausible and decidedly weird, with serious anger-management issues.
    I thought he'd once said where he was and what he was doing and I got the impression he wasn't there all the time. I wonder how it is thought he was not in the UK, if it was from IP addresses he'd most certainly be using a proxy from over there.

Incidentally, was it Vladpie, or The Man From Mexico, who hoped you would be caught and gutted for your political opinions?

As I recall, it was the Mexican goat herder who wanted BFP gutted, but it was definitely the faux Russian who wanted to break my jaw. He always threatened to sort me out when he was back home, and accused me of hiding behind a keyboard, so I sent him my name and ST seat number and invited him to say hello. It seems a bit weird that he never took up that invitation if he lived local!

It was Tarquin the old scallywag who wanted me to meet a nasty end by means of a well honed filleting knife.

From what I can see, the board seems much better natured now that some of those clowns have left/been kicked off.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    My daughter's school make her play it and because she's rubbish, she gets a C for PE, a C that sits there colour coded, spoiling an otherwise good report.
    I wouldn't worry. Keeping fit and playing sport is an advisable pastime and health benefit, and if you're exceptionally good it could become an occupation, but it isn't a credible school subject worthy of a grade. English, maths and science are the stuff that open up opportunities.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345