+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dobbie's Stats

Dobbie's Stats

Well after Dobbie's 2nd hat-trick of the season this afternoon, both away from home, both with a penalty scored and both with 3 goal winning margins, Dobbie is now on 99 goals and up to 5th in the goalscoring charts, one ahead of Dempster, 15 behind Thomson and 18 behind Lyle, with 154 starts and 17 substitute appearances = 171....

Good work Albertz . Dobbs on 99 goals now you say . Another one for 100 would be nice next week. I know this guy shoots when he should pass and overcooks it a bit by trying to beat one man too many BUT on the other hand, on form , he is a genius that stands out amongst his fellow professionals. Just enjoy his Indian summer career lads and lassies cos there aint another Dobbie on the horizon coming here any time soon . Well , I'm 47 and am damn sure I wont see another similar calibre of player at Queens in my lifetime . It just ain't happening !
    Last edited by JRSLEFTPEG; 09-12-2017 at 08:08 PM.

Dobbie was fantastic today. Sublime touch and vision and a hat trick to boot. Wonderful to watch!

Quote Originally Posted by louisxiv View Post
    Dobbie was fantastic today. Sublime touch and vision and a hat trick to boot. Wonderful to watch!
    I'm guessing we were threading it through the midfield and out wide more today than the direct route Louis ?

9 League and 9 Cup goals so far...

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    I'm guessing we were threading it through the midfield and out wide more today than the direct route Louis ?
    Yup. We were playing real football. Dobbie, Stirling and Kane all very good. Dykes still looks like he’s chasing rather than anticipating play but we were good today, looked like a decent football team. With someone in there more capable of spreading play we could be very happy fans.

Quote Originally Posted by louisxiv View Post
    Yup. We were playing real football. Dobbie, Stirling and Kane all very good. Dykes still looks like he’s chasing rather than anticipating play but we were good today, looked like a decent football team. With someone in there more capable of spreading play we could be very happy fans.
    My instinct is telling me that there is a player in Dykes somewhere . Decent in the air and has pace etc. I just haven't a clue in what position and how to deploy him.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    Yup. We were playing real football. Dobbie, Stirling and Kane all very good. Dykes still looks like he’s chasing rather than anticipating play but we were good today, looked like a decent football team. With someone in there in midfield more capable of spreading play we could be very happy fans.
    Last edited by louisxiv; 09-12-2017 at 09:24 PM.

Aye. Lyndon was lacking today though until 75 minutes at which point he seemed to pull his socks up. He gave away a goal from nothing which was frustrating and could have scored at least one goal at the far post if he’d anticipated better.. I’d take Stirling over him most days tbh. Thought Stirling played well today. Some lovely touches.
    Last edited by louisxiv; 09-12-2017 at 09:36 PM.

Fair play to Kane too though. I know the jury’s been out on him for a while but he played well today. He, Dobbie and Stirling made a good threesome.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)