+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rain check

Being a perennial bottom dweller of a club with fans being fed whatever rubbish comes their way. Makes you question the point of it all full stop.

It’s the same at virtually every club apart from the top 15 in the English League. No different at Bristol, Brum and Bradford.
    Up a bit... down more. Huddersfield are tasting the big time... in five years time they MAY be where Bradford and Blackburn are. If your outside the top 15. That’s what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    Being a perennial bottom dweller of a club with fans being fed whatever rubbish comes their way. Makes you question the point of it all full stop.
    Am wi thi nar.

Dunt get near a sewage outlet or all the sh1t al cum in thy direction.

I think Hecky picked up his most recent squad there

Can wi send Ugbo and Gardner back ? I don't dislike Ugbo he's a trier , probably needs a goal or 2 , Gardner ? Rather have Jared Byrd play before him , or Josh Kay !!!

Interesting reading some o them posts frum our older stalwarts. Thev ed enuff and a dunt blame em.

Av sed it afooar n al sey it ageeun, it's football that's gone shyte and moor folk are becoming increasingly frustrated by it. The club is operating as it has fo 130 years. Get good laikers and ther off when bigger clubs come calling. It's allus bin same and will nivver alter.

My opinion is that the financial gap has just widened in recent years wi foreign investment and parachute payments mekkin things so much tougher for clubs like us wi no backing. Gone are the days when local business owners run clubs. The gulf in finances from the bottom to top of this league is far too great forrus to surmount. It were difficult 20 odd year ago forrus but back then tha dint ev average sh1thouse footballers in this division who wo millionaires. Thy ez nar. We're art o ar depth. Simple as that.

Admission prices are fekkin stupid to watch football these days. I ain't paying it, med that decision 3 years ago. Ar wo sat int West stand thinkin "am I enjoyin this ennymooar?". I ent missed it. Just go to 5 or 6 matches a season nar but that's beginning to wear thin. I can't identify with the game like a used to. It's not fo me ennymooar am sorry to say.

I dunt like the fact that we've sold a full teeum int last 12 months but it's what we've had to do, especially wi art strong financial backing. The players did well for the club then wanted to take the next step. I ain't wun fo criticising the club for the mass exodus, I actually admire the fact that we've at least tried to overcome the financial gulf with a 'plan' even though we all know its probably flawed at this level. I criticise football in general fo going stupidly crazy. The game and surroundings that I fell in love with 30 years ago has moved on to something I just put up with rather than enjoy these days.

Me as well pass the silly money thrown into football has just spoilt our what used to be beautiful game it's now getting completely out of BFC level

Well thanks for cheering me up guys!!! A quick summary - were a small club with no chance at all in this league and we might aswell just give up and ask the FA to put us in league 2 because thats are level... Mmm i like to take Burnley for a good example, same size club as ours with the difference been they have been ran properly at board level. You dont see them as selling all the team in 1 month and they stay competitive so why cant we, the answer is simple the clubs core is rotten and needs replacing thats the issue. For instance we make over 30 million on player transfers over the last few years we have 2 years of championship money 12 million, we have spent about 4-5 million max 3 million on players wages..... All the rest is spent where 'Running the club' ok nothing suspicious here.

Pass, I agree with everything you said. The biggest problem with The Plan is that we're the only ones following it. Most of the clubs we're playing are merrily spending money like water on overpaid players and their agents fees. All in a mad frenzy to get up to the next level. Every season I think to myself surely one of the big household names is gonna go bust, but they all seem to carry on as if it's Monopoly money.

All I really want is to go to Oakwell and be entertained a bit, watch a decent game, come out feeling like we gave it our best shot (even if we lost). In short, I just want my money's worth. My biggest worry about this season is that it's bloody hard work, almost a chore to watch, and whether we stay up or not, I can see attendances dropping next season because folks just won't want to shell out to watch the kind of stuff we've seen recently.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Interesting reading some o them posts frum our older stalwarts. Thev ed enuff and a dunt blame em.

Av sed it afooar n al sey it ageeun, it's football that's gone shyte and moor folk are becoming increasingly frustrated by it. The club is operating as it has fo 130 years. Get good laikers and ther off when bigger clubs come calling. It's allus bin same and will nivver alter.

My opinion is that the financial gap has just widened in recent years wi foreign investment and parachute payments mekkin things so much tougher for clubs like us wi no backing. Gone are the days when local business owners run clubs. The gulf in finances from the bottom to top of this league is far too great forrus to surmount. It were difficult 20 odd year ago forrus but back then tha dint ev average sh1thouse footballers in this division who wo millionaires. Thy ez nar. We're art o ar depth. Simple as that.

Admission prices are fekkin stupid to watch football these days. I ain't paying it, med that decision 3 years ago. Ar wo sat int West stand thinkin "am I enjoyin this ennymooar?". I ent missed it. Just go to 5 or 6 matches a season nar but that's beginning to wear thin. I can't identify with the game like a used to. It's not fo me ennymooar am sorry to say.

I dunt like the fact that we've sold a full teeum int last 12 months but it's what we've had to do, especially wi art strong financial backing. The players did well for the club then wanted to take the next step. I ain't wun fo criticising the club for the mass exodus, I actually admired the fact that we've at least tried to overcome the financial gulf with a 'plan' even though we all know its probably flawed at this level. I criticise football in general fo going stupidly crazy. The game and surroundings that I fell in love with 30 years ago has moved on
    to something I just put up with rather than enjoy these days.
    Pass i think you have sed wat some off us Older wuns think , av gon 61 years nar , i feel i evry reyt to speyk ar things a goowin like tuthas , it's an awful negative atmosphere darn theer nar , blame who you want lotterya , but summat int reyt , all this greed and carnt laik cos thu yungens dunt wesh wimee, man up or **** off Inc the Barmy HC who has lost it !! Some may laugh ? Giving him a better contract ? For what ? Sed befoor treat him like any previous managers we have had , he's nowt special , just born intarn ,,,, BAAAAA BAAAAA

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast