+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rain check

Rain check

Slept on it, decided not to post last night.
    We have to think that this is our first season in this league with THIS team.
    If THIS was last season, would we have been disappointed with the points tally? Probably not. we’d have been saying that we are round about where we want to be to stay up and thinking that we will get better as the team enters the second half of the season. And that expectation was with a team that had played together 15/18 months !
    So, with newly recruited team, we are ( This Season) in a place that many would have taken gladly last year at this time.
    These lads have stepped up to the level that we are, they have NO experience at this level, They havent the benefit of the Promotion “Buzz” They will take time.
    I saw green shoots from Thiam yesterday. I saw some good passing. And some poor stuff too.
    Nothing got me off my seat as regards excitement ( Potts hitting bar excepted).
    I think we need an old head or two, but we have some decent young lads, who, if they stay together, could mould into a decent team. Now isn’t the time to sack Hecky. Now is the time to get a leader in the middle of the park to “Conduct” the orchestra of young bandsmen, to become potential Orchestra material. We are missing a “Leader” on the field. Conor was a leader, Redders the same.
    A striker, and a midfield leader are the only two I’d buy in January. And I’d very pay good money for both.

I’m changing my mind with Thiam, I think he’ll develop well.

I've been saying all season that we've no leader, no-one with captain material. We have to get some bight into these lads they're just too nice, too respectful of their opponents, they play like young lads who've just stepped up from the reserve team and don't yet consider themselves the equal of the older more established players. I don't like harping on about last seasons pre new year team but with players like Scowan, Watkins etc the opposition knew they'd been in a game. A good example yesterday was the first goal, it was McCarthys ball but he didn't put a tackle in and their lad took full advantage, I don't think that would have happened last season, the defense put their body's on the line to stop a player getting a shot off but I don't see that in these lads yet apart from Jackson who we sadly miss.

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    If THIS was last season, would we have been disappointed with the points tally? Probably not. we’d have been saying that we are round about where we want to be to stay up and thinking that we will get better as the team enters the second half of the season. And that expectation was with a team that had played together 15/18 months !
    So, with newly recruited team, we are ( This Season) in a place that many would have taken gladly last year at this time.
    These lads have stepped up to the level that we are, they have NO experience at this level, They havent the benefit of the Promotion “Buzz” They will take time.
    I saw green shoots from Thiam yesterday. I saw some good passing. And some poor stuff too.
    I think we need an old head or two, but we have some decent young lads, who, if they stay together, could mould into a decent team. Now isn’t the time to sack Hecky. Now is the time to get a leader in the middle of the park to “Conduct” the orchestra of young bandsmen, to become potential Orchestra material. We are missing a “Leader” on the field. Conor was a leader, Redders the same.
    A striker, and a midfield leader are the only two I’d buy in January. And I’d very pay good money for both.

Good post Jules

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post

Well said Jules

And so say all of us

Mooist a wot tha sed wo reyt Jules burrav still to be convinced by Mama. He can't last 90 mins, he needs to eyt mooar green shooits to looiz a few ston, he can't jump off flooar to win a header, he never runs into a space, he never shooits, he never beats a player. Apart from that fine. He did a lovely cuppala back heel flicks yisterdi.

We are back to where we were when Daniel got us relegated ageen .

Only difference is , it's a team of young lower league fodder instead of a bit older lower league shyte .

Just a memory nar that team winning twice at wembley and scoring goals for fun up until January this year .

Well done the club , it can't be easy to feck that up so quickly , normally takes 3 year when we've had a golden spell but credit where it's due .

A prefer thi wen thaz edda few drinks Jules , vino veritas an all that tell tha truth we are sheeite just nar , we should sue the club Unda trades description act , lack of entertainment etc , wint botha part times tho !!! A mite ev summa that next seerson , other commitments etc , unless fewel allowance guz up a wint be able to afoord wun !!

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    A prefer thi wen thaz edda few drinks Jules , vino veritas an all that tell tha truth we are sheeite just nar , we should sue the club Unda trades description act , lack of entertainment etc , wint botha part times tho !!! A mite ev summa that next seerson , other commitments etc , unless fewel allowance guz up a wint be able to afoord wun !!
    Azza wo sat shivvering in stand yisterdi surrarnded by fans set quiet wi thur arms folded a wo thinking same Roma. Av edda season ticket ivvery year fo ovva 40 years but am thinking "Amma enjoying this?". On way ooam a wo saying to lad that the seasons av enjoyed av nearly all been in League One and Two (apart from 2008). Away trips to Rochdale, S****horpe,Blackpooil,Walsall, Fleetwood, Crewe etc have been much mooar enjoyable than the Championship venues (Preston excepted). Am even beginning to think the unthinkable--would relegation really be that bad?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast