+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rain check

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Azza wo sat shivvering in stand yisterdi surrarnded by fans set quiet wi thur arms folded a wo thinking same Roma. Av edda season ticket ivvery year fo ovva 40 years but am thinking "Amma enjoying this?". On way ooam a wo saying to lad that the seasons av enjoyed av nearly all been in League One and Two (apart from 2008). Away trips to Rochdale, S****horpe,Blackpooil,Walsall, Fleetwood, Crewe etc have been much mooar enjoyable than the Championship venues (Preston excepted). Am even beginning to think the unthinkable--would relegation really be that bad?

Aye we could have a open top bus parade and a fancy dinner wi mayor SB in may .

Tha reight !!

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Azza wo sat shivvering in stand yisterdi surrarnded by fans set quiet wi thur arms folded a wo thinking same Roma. Av edda season ticket ivvery year fo ovva 40 years but am thinking "Amma enjoying this?". On way ooam a wo saying to lad that the seasons av enjoyed av nearly all been in League One and Two (apart from 2008). Away trips to Rochdale, S****horpe,Blackpooil,Walsall, Fleetwood, Crewe etc have been much mooar enjoyable than the Championship venues (Preston excepted). Am even beginning to think the unthinkable--would relegation really be that bad?
    Sarfpoort, Workingtun, Gatesheerd, Barra, that's the future forrus , good days art anorl , wint bi long thee watch, reyt mestas football !! Bring it on !! Tha Reyt SB it's not enjoyable nar ennymoor ,,,, ovvapaid nancyboys ,,,,,,

Dunt send mi a renewal form GG !!
    Last edited by Romared; 10-12-2017 at 09:18 PM.

Even if the players that left had been on 20year contracts, we wouldn’t have kept them. Not one sensible person would have advocated paying Conor massive wages on a five year deal,, he was good, but not a world beater. ..... was Marley THAT good, was Scowen that good? ... Bree is pulling trees up isn’t he.?Winnall wanted out asap. Roberts went for brass, wether he wanted to go or not.... the money spoke for all of them personally, and it was excellent business because as a club we couldn’t afford to say No. to the Monday offered, or Yes to the Wages they wanted to stay.

Money that had we paid it, may have cost the club it’s existance. Do you want that gamble...I don’t!

The success of the team two years ago, brought suitors for our best ones. We were never keeping them....never. Ever.
    This is What they have always done. Find a good player and they go. You’ve all mostly been around long enough to know this.
    Mick Butler, McCarthy And plenty others...first sniff of a good chance to get brass and they are off. It won’t ever change, and who can blame them. If this team turns it around and does well.... they will be off to a man if they earn the recognition.
    Blackpool, Wigan, Portsmouth, Coventry, Bradford. They all gambled paying big wages and failed.
    The club hasn’t been ruined ( I admit there’s a strict policy, that should be “stretched” much more)..... but it’s still here, still in existance.
    That was what the plan was,.

Or perhaps you would like a final gamble chaps just before you all bugger off to watch football up there, that MAY, or not result in bankruptcy, and no club for what small amount of youth the recent success has attracted to watch in the future.

Some part of me wants a change of Manager, some part of me wants a change of ownership Quick.

All of me wants the club to be still in existance in 100 years time.

**Roma...... 2 nights without booze mate..... On late shift till Tuesday night when “Normal service” will be resumed. I’ll do my best for you!

*SB “Would relegation be that bad”. Yes, ask Blackburn fans. Another club who’s owners paid massive wages, with long contracts and ended up no better than us.

Agree with you jules, in my opinion we wouldn't have made the play offs with THE team and the players were going to leave choose what. So really the only question was, do we want some brass for them or not?
    Each one of the players that left apart from bree went for at least double our wage cap, even a bloke with a goats head would take that deal. Likewise our club couldn't start doubling everyone's wages and expect to stay in business very long.

Makes you question why they bother?

It is what it is , always been the same and more than likely always will. We’re a small Northern Town ,similar size to Rotherham and Doncaster but constantly punch above them bar the very odd season . We’ll never be much higher than mid table in this league . Never have been and the way the money is distributed in parachute payments never will.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    Makes you question why they bother?
    Pray Ponte, Who be the "they" thou speaketh of Sirrah ? Be it the fans, or the club, or both ?

Thats better JULES Tharra lot better when thas edda SNICKERS

"Thu dunt wanna gu up"
    Last edited by Romared; 11-12-2017 at 09:24 AM.

If I was reincarnated let's put it this way I wouldn't want to come back as a co ckle or a muscle SBRed

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    If I was reincarnated let's put it this way I wouldn't want to come back as a co ckle or a muscle SBRed
    That's just being shellfish Ponte.

Am still not sure what thar on abart burrit just might be me.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast