+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: O/T Snow

Quote Originally Posted by stripes39 View Post
    I got a Jaguar XF Soulman. I don’t have winter tyres☹️ I might as well have banana skins on my wheels. Where I live in Belbroughton in Worcestershire we’ve had around 6-8 inches of snow. Can’t see me driving until Xmas at this rate 🙄
    I'm in Chaddesley Stripes,think I'll get a winter set sorted out for my BMW....great living out here in the sticks but we don't get the gritter down our lane.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    I'm in Chaddesley Stripes,think I'll get a winter set sorted out for my BMW....great living out here in the sticks but we don't get the gritter down our lane.
    Tbh Mick I've not bothered because we only get snow very rarely and on balance for the cost etc I've resisted. That said, have a good mate who lives in Austria and they are mandatory there and everyone swears by them. I think they are good for icy roads - especially in the sticks although with the snowfall we've had in our part of the world, I'd leave the car at home as certain roads have been so bad I don't think they would help. That Chaddesley to Belbroughton Rd that runs past The Robin Hood at Drayton is something else at the moment....

Tbh Mick I've not bothered because we only get snow very rarely and on balance for the cost etc I've resisted. That said, have a good mate who lives in Austria and they are mandatory there and everyone swears by them. I think they are good for icy roads - especially in the sticks although with the snowfall we've had in our part of the world, I'd leave the car at home as certain roads have been so bad I don't think they would help. That Chaddesley to Belbroughton Rd that runs past The Robin Hood at Drayton is something else at the moment....
    Hi,the best time to buy them is the Summer, when had my S-type i picked up a set with only a 1k on them for £200 a set of Dunlops. For my Xf had a set for £400 in the summer. Plus your summer tyres last longer, depends if are keeping the car.

I divide my time between London and Birmingham. Was meant to be in Birmingham this morning but stayed down here. No snow in West London whatsoever today, had a light dusting yesterday. Seems to have completely missed me!

Quote Originally Posted by soulman101 View Post
    Hi,the best time to buy them is the Summer, when had my S-type i picked up a set with only a 1k on them for £200 a set of Dunlops. For my Xf had a set for £400 in the summer. Plus your summer tyres last longer, depends if are keeping the car.
    I'm going to change my car Soulman in Feb/March so may well look at the option you suggest at those rates. My normal Dunlop J rated tyres are 19" and run out at £400 a pop although I am getting 23K out of them according to ATS who I use hence the reluctance to consider winter tyres

I'm going to change my car Soulman in Feb/March so may well look at the option you suggest at those rates. My normal Dunlop J rated tyres are 19" and run out at £400 a pop although I am getting 23K out of them according to ATS who I use hence the reluctance to consider winter tyres
    Hi,what car do you have and what are looking to buy. I might swoping next year for an suv,my legs are getting worse and my wife wants me have a mobilty scooter for shopping . Usually end finding a bench to sit on.

Hi,what car do you have and what are looking to buy. I might swoping next year for an suv,my legs are getting worse and my wife wants me have a mobilty scooter for shopping . Usually end finding a bench to sit on.
    Ive got a Jag XF Portfolio 3 litre Soulman. Been very happy with it apart from when we have snow on the ground

i might go for an XE sport but am thinking about an F-Pace.

Ive got a Jag XF Portfolio 3 litre Soulman. Been very happy with it apart from when we have snow on the ground

i might go for an XE sport but am thinking about an F-Pace.
    Good choice like both, but out of my price range at the moment. Like to pay cash plus px.

Good choice like both, but out of my price range at the moment. Like to pay cash plus px.
    Cash + Part Ex is a good way to go. I get a car allowance with my job so I'll put in the current model + cash and pick a bit up on finance. I wont go brand new but a demo or a 6-12 month old from an approved dealer as the price gets a lot better as everyone knows if not 'new'

It's snowed in Gloucester. Chaos in the country. Courier companies are all behind now and are going to struggle to get back on track to deliver the stuff before Xmas. 60% of the parcels in our depot today remain undelivered. Minus 6 tonight isn't going to help matters.
    MERRY XMAS

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)