+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Dummett

Dummett

Well I think the last 4 months has shown his value to the side. I know there are a few on here who dont rate him, but he knows how to defend, and never lets us down. He knows his limitations so sticks to what he knows hes good at ie defending. Yes there are better left back out there, but for grit and determination and feeling for the club there aren't any better. He is the type you would want in the trenches along side you and hopefully he's back soon to help out as we badly need it.

Lets not forget their third goal yesterday came from Manquillo our left back feckin around up the field in their box falling over and 10 seconds later it was in our net. At least with him in the side we will have 3 defenders rather than 2 bombing on leaving huge gaps on either side to be exploited.

True enough, Bob. Ironic Wanquillo being so far up the field when he offers absolutely nothing in attack.

i hope he can play centre mid if you think its the left back position causing our troubles

it aint

if we had him it would amke no differance at all

its the centre of the park we need to sort
    both defensivly and creating

a huge gap for teams to waltz through us

Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post
    i hope he can play centre mid if you think its the left back position causing our troubles

it aint

if we had him it would amke no differance at all

its the centre of the park we need to sort
    both defensivly and creating

a huge gap for teams to waltz through us
    I understand what you are saying Pboro, but out of the midfielders we currently have: Shelvey (who you have been sl&gging recently but hasnt got a work ethic), Hayden (who is young, is learning his trade), Diame (well tbh is a waste of space), Perez (who has gone backwards since he was last in the Prem), Murphy (see Hayden), Ritchie (who is clearly frustrated and isnt playing well), Atsu (small and easily knocked off the ball in the Prem), Aarons (read Hayden and is injury prone), Merino (trying to live up to his early promise, but also falls into Hayden bracket) and one probably many forget about Colback (who is very negative and always gives free kicks away usually in dangerous positions, but has clearly p1ssed Rafa off) we dont have it in our ranks.

What about Mbemba alongside Lascelles at CB and maybe Clark in front of them to break things up Merino and Shelvey with Ritchie and Atsu on the wings?

Dummett will make a massive difference. because lascelles will also return.

the team is lacking leadership and balance. putting people in their best positions will give us both.

Quote Originally Posted by kingstonbob View Post
    I understand what you are saying Pboro, but out of the midfielders we currently have: Shelvey (who you have been sl&gging recently but hasnt got a work ethic), Hayden (who is young, is learning his trade), Diame (well tbh is a waste of space), Perez (who has gone backwards since he was last in the Prem), Murphy (see Hayden), Ritchie (who is clearly frustrated and isnt playing well), Atsu (small and easily knocked off the ball in the Prem), Aarons (read Hayden and is injury prone), Merino (trying to live up to his early promise, but also falls into Hayden bracket) and one probably many forget about Colback (who is very negative and always gives free kicks away usually in dangerous positions, but has clearly p1ssed Rafa off) we dont have it in our ranks.

What about Mbemba alongside Lascelles at CB and maybe Clark in front of them to break things up Merino and Shelvey with Ritchie and Atsu on the wings?
    Can't disagree with any of that at the moment, I always liked Mbemba with Lascelles.

KingstonBob's quote

What about Mbemba alongside Lascelles at CB and maybe Clark in front of them to break things up Merino and Shelvey with Ritchie and Atsu on the wings?[/QUOTE]

And that makes a lot of sense.

Quote Originally Posted by kingstonbob View Post

nope lascelles and clark with mbemba in front

i would also look at colback
    and you are right a lot are going backwards under rafa
    even his recent buys

Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post
    nope lascelles and clark with mbemba in front

i would also look at colback
    and you are right a lot are going backwards under rafa
    even his recent buys
    Whilst we all know you're after bites, the first point is actually a good one and I agree that Lascelles/Clark with Mbemba in front of them would be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    Whilst we all know you're after bites, the first point is actually a good one and I agree that Lascelles/Clark with Mbemba in front of them would be good.
    tell me a player who has improved under rafa

a supposably world class manager/coach

look at the differance world class managers like pep make to players like sterling and many many others

look at the differance fat sam has made at everton in a short time

look at the manager that left hull and the improvement he has made at watford

yet we are going backward

managers sussed rafa out

he cant set teams up to defend
    he cant set teams up to attack
    he cant shut games down
    he cant hold on for points

he has worked with thes eplayers for ages

they are not improving
    they look lost
    Rafa looks lost

i havent seen us look this bad for years and for such a sustained time as well

and i aint looking for bites on thsi subject
    you dont go to games i do and i have seen many fans over the last few weeks flock out the ground
    he is loosing the fans
    of that i have no doubt

i hope for the sake of the club he can turn it around

but i havent seen anything to convince me he can

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)